whenever you think there isn't money to be made...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 12, 2002.

1. just go to the yahoo message boards and you'll find plenty of messages like this one:

"Yeah, I was in a store the other day. The sales guy didn't have the time of day for me, so I figured he must be VERY busy (good sign, right?) Also, the guy SEEMED really happy, so I bought 50,000 shares at $6.50, expecting a blow-out quarter.

Now what should I do? The quarter hasn't even been announced yet, and I have a margin call.

I was thinking of going back to the store and asking the sales guy if he was still in good spirits, but I am afraid that if he's in a bad mood, I might have to sell the stock and take a loss. In the meantime, I am cashing in my IRA to cover the margin call.

I am open to any advice you can give me.

By the way, do you think I went to the right store (Ridgedale in Minnesota)? Which store should I go to get the BEST indication of how the quarter is going? Also, is one store enough? Geez, they have so damn many of them. I don't have enough time to go to them all...I only get 3 weeks of vacation a year.

I really could use some help on this one from anyone, really...."

2. There are a lot of stupid people in the world ...

3. lol

4. Only in America...

5. Next time try black or red and let'em spin the wheel for ya. :eek:

6. I feel soooo much better about my trading day today!!!

Thanks for the thread.:D

7. I thought I was the dumbest, but it seems there is always someone dumber. Dang!

8. specul8tor

specul8tor Guest

try turning the light switch to the "ON" position

9. VOLUME

VOLUME

I thought Faster Pussycat's journal was going to be the funniest thing I read this month. ( O.K.....it still is, but this was really good also.)

10. chuv

chuv

I think this qualifies for the "dumbest trader" award

#10     Jun 12, 2002