When YOUR job is shipped abroad...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by loza, Sep 3, 2007.

1. dont

dont

Why don't they outsource the CEO jobs as well. I an sure Indians are just as good at back dating share options?

Just think if they outsource everything, everyone in the US can retire while the indian and chinese do all the work.

#11     Sep 3, 2007
  2. let's all go to school and get a tech degree so that this guy can take our jobs....

#12     Sep 3, 2007
  3. I dont know.....some overseas mechs have curb side service....

better not get too complacent

• lift.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
    #13     Sep 3, 2007
  4. [​IMG]

Ah yes free trade as taught at the university level says that both parties benefit equally. So the unemployed who saw their jobs shipped to China benefit how exactly?

#14     Sep 4, 2007
  5. mokwit

mokwit

As I've said before it's about time these tenured professors had their jobs shipped to India and China where I am sure they have Economists who can come out with just the same kind of obtuse rubbish for a fraction of the cost - i.e. you can get somebody just as incompetent for a fraction of the money.

How will they adhere to their theories then? They will be yelling that the Govt should do something, that US education is being ousourced and the government should do something dammit! [note that their plightt will be a "special case", no doubt the word "patriotism" wll creep into their speech and writings]

#15     Sep 4, 2007
  6. achilles28

achilles28

You forgot to add: "...at 8$ an hour."

Composition of the economy matters.

Technology improvements drive increases in standard of living.

Companies don't invest in R&D when they can move offshore and pay labor 5 cents an hour.

American consumers short term gain (cheap goods) is the national economies long term loss.

#16     Sep 4, 2007
  7. As scary as this is I've heard many head honcho type jobs like director positions are being shipped at this point. I guess it makes sense, because we Americans can't understand WTF is being said 9/10 times anyhow. Might as well let those that speak the language talk to each other so the Americans workers can't be annoyed.

Wait, customers get VERY annoyed and they are the ones buying the items. Again, how does it benefit a company to provide often inferior services?

I say charge more for the product under the promise that you will have ENGLISH speaking support and I bet many consumers will be ok with that. I'd pay some extra money to know I can get help I can understand if I need it.

#17     Sep 4, 2007
  8. Some techs in the Philippines make around $10 a fcuking hour. Can you believe that $hit? And rates will continue to rise because after an American company puts allot of their money in the voice and infrastructure they are vested and will remain. They have the US companies by the balls and they know it basically.

Great point on the short term gains. We can get a wireless router for $30 bucks now. But can a novice get it set up with the help of "Elvis" over in India? I bet not without much headache. But then again, when has America ever looked down the road, everything is a knee jerk reaction or band-aid fix to milk all we the profit we can in the here and now IMO.

#18     Sep 4, 2007
  9. this thread only emboldens the resolve of the terrorists.

boosh-speak

#19     Sep 4, 2007
  10. American auto worker = $11,500 per month incl. benefits

Chinese factory worker = $263 per month

game...set....match

#20     Sep 4, 2007