when you tell people you are a home trader...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ADX_trader, Jan 23, 2004.

1. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

The Trader
    "The symbol of all relationships among such men, the moral symbol of respect for human beings, is the trader. We, who live by values, not by loot, are traders, both in manner and spirit. A trader is a man who earns what he gets and does not give or take the undeserved. A trader does not ask to be paid for his failure, he does not ask to be loved for his flaws. A trader does not squander his body as fodder, or his soul as alms. Just as he does not give his work except in trade for material values, so he does not give the values of his spirit -- his love, his friendship, his esteem – except in payment and in trade for human virtue, in payment for his own selfish pleasure, which he receives from men he can respect. The mystic parasites who have, throughout the ages, reviled the trader and held him in contempt, while honoring beggars and looters, have known the secret motive of their sneers: a trader is an entity they dread - a man of justice."
    --Ayn Rand [/B][/QUOTE]

Mercurial, as you can see from the handle I chose on ET, I love Rand too! RIGHT ON! Great Quote!

Anyone who can take their living from the markets should be VERY proud of themselves and stand very tall. Obviously those wage slaves don't get it, they are wired differently. Ignore them.

Also, whatever you make or lose, divide it by 10 when talking to non traders. The numbers are just too out of whack for someone who makes $500 per week salary to understand. I find that that is a good rule of thumb.

#31     Jan 23, 2004
  2. actually, you never tell people that you're a home trader....

you make up a more grandiose story.....

get creative....

#32     Jan 23, 2004
  3. cdbern

cdbern

Good creative responses here.

How about "I'm into charities, care to make a donation?"

If you tell them you're a trader, be sure to emphaize the "d" so it won't sound like traitor.

We have enough of them in government.

#33     Jan 23, 2004