when you tell people you are a home trader...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ADX_trader, Jan 23, 2004.

1. I feel most people don't think this is a job. Some of them assume you are very wealth and don't need to work while other will think you are unemployed. When you go to buy a car or a house, what would you tell them? And how they react?

2. Bullet

Bullet

I take the advice of another ET member, tell them you sell drugs to their children. ......or you can just pay cash

3. I tell them that I am (only) a software developer and that my software trades alone!
    They get totally puzzled and stop asking. :D

4. Why do you tell them anyways...

Why would you want them to understand what traders do...

5. Sashe

Sashe

When I tell people I am a home trader they think I work as real estate agent :D

6. no matter how much money you make, you just don't get that social recognition ..that's a trader's inner desperation

I have been thinking of a good short desciption of what I do for a living. doesn't have to be too accurate..

havn't found anything yet

7. Hedge Fund Manager (however just with only one member currently) ! :D

8. Be proud that you trade.

Be proud than you own the choices you make.

Be proud that if you succeed it it's your doing and that if you don't that you had the courage to know that it was in your hands.

Here is a quote that might inspire you to be proud of who you are and to stop trying to appease those that don't get it with easier explanations.

The Trader
    "The symbol of all relationships among such men, the moral symbol of respect for human beings, is the trader. We, who live by values, not by loot, are traders, both in manner and spirit. A trader is a man who earns what he gets and does not give or take the undeserved. A trader does not ask to be paid for his failure, he does not ask to be loved for his flaws. A trader does not squander his body as fodder, or his soul as alms. Just as he does not give his work except in trade for material values, so he does not give the values of his spirit -- his love, his friendship, his esteem – except in payment and in trade for human virtue, in payment for his own selfish pleasure, which he receives from men he can respect. The mystic parasites who have, throughout the ages, reviled the trader and held him in contempt, while honoring beggars and looters, have known the secret motive of their sneers: a trader is an entity they dread - a man of justice."
    --Ayn Rand

9. Sahmi

Sahmi

Tell them you`re working at the stock exchange... and that it is very complicated... too hard to explain...
    For me, that works...
    :D

10. range

range

mercurial,

Good quote!

#10     Jan 23, 2004