When will we hit Dow 12000?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zxd, Jun 1, 2010.

1. zxd

zxd

We're less than 100 away!

#31     Jan 24, 2011
  2. el oh elz.

#32     Jan 24, 2011
  3. This market is now being run by The Federal Reserve Bank Of New York, market technicals and fundamentals no longer seem to matter.

Seems like we have been here before, hum.

#33     Jan 24, 2011
  4. clacy

clacy

The "sky is falling" crowd cracks me up. I think all throughout history you could find a lot of negative fundamental problems with local and world economies, as well as local and national governments. Despite that, there is money to be made in the market more times than not.

Perma-bears would be much better off if they just handed their portfolios over to financial planer and not checking their statements until retirement.

#34     Jan 24, 2011
  5. m22au

m22au

I think there comes a point (in fact, we're passed it, given worldwide food riots in recent months) where it's really quite sad that people who are work in the finance industry and/or who own stocks make a fortune from ultra-loose financial conditions, while the world's poor are fighting double-digit annual percentage increases in the food they need to survive.

If anyone needs an example of a short idea that has been working in the last 3 months, related to the inflationary effects of ultra-loose financial conditions - just look at a ratio chart of ($XAL or FAA) against $SPX.

#35     Jan 24, 2011
  6. agreed, there is a great deal of money to be made when panic/fear and bad news is around. although generally speaking there is ALWAYS money to be made you just have to find the right spots to be in at the right time.

#36     Jan 24, 2011
  7. We Will not hit 12,000 until fall of 2011. Big selloff coming tomorrow morning.

#37     Jan 24, 2011