When Will US Bomb Libya?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, Feb 22, 2011.

When Will US Bomb Libya?

1. in a few Days

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. in a few Weeks

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. in a few Months

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Won't Bomb

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. UN Sec General Bam Ke Moon is taking the lead on this one. Barry doesn't have a clue. Apparently, neither do you, shortie. [​IMG]

#21     Feb 25, 2011
  2. Another kid playing "trader" on the Internet.
    Go back to class, kid.

#22     Feb 25, 2011
  3. Landis, what's upsetting you today? You did not buy enough XLE?

#23     Feb 25, 2011
  4. Eight

Eight

We could always bomb Egypt AND Libya and go OOOPS!!

#24     Feb 26, 2011
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol.

I remember when we "accidentally" bombed the chinese embassy in Belgrade.

The chinese had salvaged parts from a crashed (shot down over Bosnia) F-117 Nighthawk and had brought those parts to the embassy for shipment back to china. Bill Clinton went ahead and destroyed those parts...and the surrounding embassy complex and its chinese staff.

No such thing as an accidental bombing. Leftist presidents just like to hide behind such things.

#25     Feb 26, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

Ding! Not until your post did I put those two incidents together. Thanks.

#26     Feb 26, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Wouldn't that make Bill Clinton a murdering war monger?
    :D

#27     Feb 26, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol yep, and I think it accounts for china's hatred of democrat Presidents.

Though I should say that I believe Bill Clinton loves his country and sometimes acted aggressively in our interest.

I do not believe that Barrack Obama loves his country or would act aggressively in our interest.

#28     Feb 26, 2011
  9. "The foregoing circumstances, the prolonged attacks, and the increased numbers of Libyans seeking refuge in other countries from the attacks, have caused a deterioration in the security of Libya and pose a serious risk to its stability, thereby constituting an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat."

Bush would have attacked by now

#29     Feb 26, 2011
  10. in a few Days 1 6.25%
    in a few Weeks 1 6.25%
    in a few Months 2 12.50%
    Won't Bomb 12 75.00%
    Total: 16 votes 100%

The poll should have been:
    At what price of Oil will US Bomb Libya?

(Reuters) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton accused Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Monday of using "mercenaries and thugs" to suppress a popular uprising as world leaders sought new ways to isolate and oust him.

"We have seen Colonel Gaddafi's security forces open fire on peaceful protesters. They have used heavy weapons on unarmed civilians. Mercenaries and thugs have been turned loose to attack demonstrators," Clinton said.

"Through their actions, they have lost the legitimacy to govern. And the people of Libya have made themselves clear: It is time for Gaddafi to go -- now, without further violence or delay," she told the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva.

#30     Mar 1, 2011