When will this bubble bust?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kashirin, Oct 23, 2006.

1. kashirin

kashirin

Current Dow chart looks like Nasdaq in the late of 1999.

Let's see today's news from Walmart - sales slowing so we will stop buiding new stores. Market reaction - lets add 5% to 250bln.
    GM which is on the road to chapter 11.
    They can't sell anything like Walmart so let's add another 5% like we added to Walmart.
    Texas Intruments earnings - we can't sell anything right now. And sell less in the next quarter. Market reaction- wow! good reason for a short sqeeze

2. Difference between then and now is one word, earnings. The fundamentals are much better then they were then. Its been 6-7 years remember. The country has grown up a little in that time.

3. eagle 488 those are past earnings. we're seeing some cracks form eveyone from wb,c to txn,intc cat and many more. i'm supecting within 3 months earnings will be turning down. remember we're in 5th year of booming earnings and its very very long in the tooth. i wouldn't short yet but after we turn over for a period of weeks with many failures i'll be shorting heavy.jsut as every piece of news is a positive now it can change very fast to be a negative

4. well, tnx is still up for the day; u would have guessed that with missin' revenue stock would have plunged at least 4%, nah, no fear man buy round numbers and u'll do fine...it's all support. ;p

5. I don't agree with the whole Dow theory, but it's an interesting read. I find the group psychology of the bull and bear stages very interesting. If things keep moving up ride the wave, of course. Don't be afraid to sell. Always use protection (stops, that is).

http://stockcharts.com/education/MarketAnalysis/dowtheory1.html

Good Luck

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
    There'll be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

-Kenny Rogers

6. S2007S

S2007S

F posting its worst quarterly profit in 14 years and the stock falls 15 cents!!!!

GM touches new highs on this news......

they report tomorrow, im sure the billions they lose wont make a difference.

GM was nearly going bankrupt 6 months ago, today the stock is up over 100% from its lows!!!

Doesnt make any sense.

7. Who cares; only n00bs try to predict the market.

The real masters just act and re-act to current conditinos and don't care up/down/sideways.

8. Dow 36k as per Harry Dent...

then the bubble bursts....

9. WTF are the futes doing down, shouldnt they be up 15 handles right now? Doesnt "tuesday" end in Y, goddamit things are supposed to be up big on days that end in Y.

10. It makes plenty of sense. Ford is down about 50% over the last two years. So is GM.

It's not like the market just figured out yesterday that Ford is sucking wind.

#10     Oct 23, 2006