When will the US be downgraded????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Trendytrader, Sep 20, 2008.

1. poyayan

poyayan

Hrm... it seems that you don't realize when the ability of US to borrow diminished. The ability to spend on military goes down with it.

Aka, just like the USSR, just wait and it will collapse on itself.

#11     Sep 20, 2008
  2. #12     Sep 20, 2008
  3. ratings don't matter. It could be 11111+ .

The better question: is there enough money out there to buy the supply of treasuries coming to the market?

#13     Sep 20, 2008
  4. poyayan

poyayan

#14     Sep 20, 2008
  5. #15     Sep 20, 2008
  6. True, That would be like chasing a police officer you saw ran a red light without using the signal and trying to do a citizens arrest.

#16     Sep 21, 2008
  7. Sorry to burst your bubble, but we are net importers of food these days, too.

#17     Sep 21, 2008
  8. TGregg

TGregg

There will be by golly, even if they have to run the computers all night to add reserves. But ignore that man behind the curtain. Step up and ask Uncle Samta the Wizard what you want for Chistmas in November. And mix in a couple other literary allusions while you are at it.

I'm asking for a 10k stimulass check for everybody (cuz we'll be taking up the butt like never before when the bill finally arrives), world peace, and a coherent foreign policy that spans administrations.

Meanwhile, I have to figure out how to protect my money and stuff before we get that wonderful cocktail of raging inflation, rampant unemployment, higher taxes and (you know it's coming) federal wealth taxes.

#18     Sep 21, 2008
  9. jasonjm

jasonjm

join the ZB shorting party?

#19     Sep 21, 2008
  10. Surely with all of the toxic debt on the US books it must be downgraded.

#20     Sep 22, 2008