When will Space stocks skyrocket?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by mutluit, Jun 1, 2015.

1. mutluit

mutluit

I've a long term tiny stock called ASTC and it unfortunately doesn't skyrocket as I was maybe naivly expecting a year ago. When will its time come finally? :)
    We need some alien visitors or find life or some precious resources on the other planets nearby...

2. Handle123

Handle123

I really doubt if ever space stocks goes up, extremely dangerous, insurance must be very costly, better to invest into those who support rocket programs than the program itself. When the deaths came out of last attempt, I saw this as an end of possibility of anything happening for at least another ten years.

3. nursebee

nursebee

When Iron Man has another IPO and/or lands on Mars.

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Death's can't remember any recent deaths, 2 fails, 1 close call on a landing or maybe 2.

Space is risky, I'd say being a Trekkie space is the future but realistically going back to the Moon/Mars isn't really going to do much for the human race and I doubt we'll get out of the solar system ever sadly.

Private sector is really making some good progress though.

5. blakpacman

blakpacman

When SpaceX goes IPO.

6. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Its possible the big box vendors will want "in" if the pace of US launches increases due to a
    Mission or maybe if community college algebra students suddenly want to show the MIT kids they they as well can sprinkle cube says that send "Hello World" to their Iwatch.

7. When they discover gold or oil on the moon.

TT

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

There is Helium3 on the Moons surface, which can be used to power nuclear reactors for 100,000years easy, that's why there is an increased interest in the moon and will 1 day be mining it and sending it back to the earth.

Mars on the other hand, likely not a lot there worth the fuel costs to get there and back and mainly get back off the surface, 1/3rd of Earth's, where as the moons a 6th and no real atmosphere to move through.