When will Ford go bankrupt?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by a529612, Nov 11, 2006.

1. #41     Nov 29, 2006
  2. i want to know whowould lend these guys an additional 18 billion to go along with the half of a trillion they are in the bucket for

#42     Nov 29, 2006
  3. Simple. Everyone knows the U.S. gov't would not let Ford go bankrupt. Worst comes to worst, the gov't will bail them out. What Ford and GM need to do is get rid of unprofitable brands and consider a merger. Why these two do start talking about this is beyond me. If you think of it, they would be better off as one company and position themselves in taking on the Japanese and German car makers head on. Competing against themselves is just the wrong way to go about it.

#43     Nov 30, 2006
  4. Humpy

Humpy

It might well be kinder all round and save a lot of money to let these 2 old dinosaurs "kick the bucket" ( die ) of natural causes. Huge bloated bodies built on credit and pea size brains at the top for years !
    Lets face the facts and make cars for Toyota, BMW, Honda etc. The 2nd rate management have had more than a fair chance and have blown it. Industrial USA and Europe should learn something from this experience but from past performance it seems unlikely.
    Poor management will bluster on until declared bankrupt unless a miracle happens. Overpaying themselves while the ship is sinking. Titanic 2 with the band playing.
    A curious mindset has overtaken the West, from George W down. The top politicians and CEOs just can't see the writing on the wall and to listen to them one shouldn't be lulled into a false sense of security. Even the new wonder companies like Google could easily disappear in a puff of smoke having little substance.
    Just worrying about it ruins my day aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

#44     Nov 30, 2006
  5. man

man

that might as well mean double the disaster.

#45     Nov 30, 2006
  6. Nah, merge, trim the fat, kill off the under performing brands. Sell off Jaguar and Range Rover to TM or Audi, they would have a chance. The companies are too big are making cars one that no one really wants, and too many of them at that. It would be more efficient if done correctly. Chances of anything done correctly these days seldom happens.

#46     Nov 30, 2006
  7. #48     Dec 1, 2006
  8. dhpar

dhpar

yeah - Aston Martin is not a bad car.....

#49     Dec 1, 2006
  9. All I can say the death of the American automobile is near, well soon be importing our cars from China for only $7000 a pop.

You'll be driving a Geely soon!

#50     Dec 3, 2006