When will bitcoin hit $20,000?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Cuddles, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Quintupled this year so far....how long until it quadruples once more?

2. SteveM

SteveM

Will never happen. Far easier for something to go from $1250 to $5000 than $5000 to $20000.

3. Use Metcalfe's Law.

Bet on 2020 to see 20k with the possibility of 100k.

4. Palindrome

Palindrome

Tulip Mania

peilthetraveler and S2007S like this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

6. ET180

ET180

Who the hell knows. Who the hell cares? It's all speculation. Depends on so many factors and anyone can make a cryptocurrency. Main benefit that I can see from bitcoin is that it's supposedly not easily traceable (tax-evasion, way to hide money, government can't seize it, black market uses). That's the value in bitcoin. Otherwise, I'd rather hold something that has physical value such as gold or silver.

p0box4 likes this.
  7. jacky1001

jacky1001

I think if bitcoin bubble bursts it may lead to another financial crisis, especially many Chinese and Japanese invested heavily into it.

8. ET180

ET180

If the bubble bursts, I only see it causing a financial crisis for those who have fully invested in it. Otherwise, it's too small still to cause a financial crisis. Last I heard, I thought the total market cap is about the size of Netflix.

9. jacky1001

jacky1001

I hope so....but domino effect is a potential problem, it happened many times in Chinese and HK market before due to the use of leverage...if one of their investment failed then they have to liquidate other assets to cover it.....anyway this is just a possibility so dun worry about it

10. S2007S

S2007S

Virtual currency made out of thin air worth more than gold and fiat

Haaa

#10     Sep 4, 2017