when trading emini's: do you prefer to 'short' or 'buy'?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hahaha oh i normally don't get involved in the profanity replies but that was humorous

#11     Feb 10, 2008
  2. i keep extensive and detailed records of my futures trades.

i don't which i prefer from a psychological or emotional standpoint.

i can tell you that statistically speaking, over 60% of my trades in the last 2 months in intraday futures have been shorts. and, that my winning percentage is greater in my short vs. longs etc.

for an intraday futures traders (eminis), even on a "pure trend day" there are almost always good shorts and longs.

the character of this market is such that it is easier and more profitable (at least based on my setups) to short strength than buy weakness. that's not surprising in a correction phase.

#12     Feb 10, 2008
  3. I think most look for one or the other

#13     Mar 4, 2008
  4. what was the point in bringing this thread back to life with your comment?

#14     Mar 4, 2008
  5. just to stir the pot. He did it with several other dormant threads of his. increasenow is a post and thread generating machine to be sure.

#15     Mar 4, 2008
  6. no, to begin dialagoue again as if we were sipping coffee at a Starbucks...thanks!

#16     Mar 4, 2008
  7. No offense....ok ok definitely offense....no one here wants to have dialogue with you. You ask about 85% just asinine questions and for the other 15%, people are hesistant to answer/help you because of the aforementioned 85%.

#17     Mar 4, 2008
  8. Just spoke with Increasenow via PM and he assured me that he was going to consolidate his questions into one thread in Journal form, as to provide less clutter on the main page. Want to thank Increasenow for being open minded about the issue.

#18     Mar 4, 2008
  9. Are down moves not faster than up moves on average ?

#19     Mar 4, 2008
  10. yes they are.
    never go long overnight without a stop and hating stops never end up long anyways but am comfortable shorting overnight without stops though.
    the profit taking noise is more frequent, faster and louder than the short covering one, hence the above.

#20     Mar 4, 2008