When trading don't think just react

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lighnintrade, Nov 22, 2011.

1. I find this helpful. Like a mountain tiger pouncing on a buffalo. The less thinking the better.

2. I tend to agree with you at least as far as hard core scalping. It's funny you mention this today because since it was kind of a boring day I scalped like crazy, CL, 6S and KC probably made over 100 RTs and that was just from a couple of hours and I couldn't tell you how many longs vs shorts but by literally not thinking about anything but what you see happening is a great way to squelch any bias you may have which for me is almost always short :p It also helped me spot a support area way faster than I normally would have caught on and saved me losing a nice gain I had in my swing account. If I didn't have to take care of a baby all day I would totally adopt this method. It's so fun holding like 10 CL's when I'm used to pissing around with 1 to 3 qm's swing trading

3. i'm curious were you trading CHF on 6 sept when Hildebrand caused that 20 stdev event? what was it like to be in a trade then as opposed to everyone us that were merely watching it? if you don't want to answer that's fine just curious.

4. Scalpers without stops and without a news service stop existing. :)

5. Unless the buffalo actually turns out to be a T Rex...

6. EDIT: Actually, with buffalo it's even easier to make a mistake. If it happens to be a Cape buffalo, rather than a water buffalo, a mountain tiger might find itself wishing it did a little more thinking before doing the pouncing.