When to throw in the towel as a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Mr Kamikaze, May 25, 2005.

1. I sleep in between my spreadsheets.... :) (and I have slippage between the mattresses) and the float is not a leak in the waterbed :)

and when Wifey has a headache, I cut my losses short...hehe

But in the AM at the open, there is great volatility :)

I eat and sleep trading ! When I die is that when I get to see virtual charts?

#41     May 26, 2005
  2. kubilai

kubilai

K's last post should mark the end of this thread. Are you a gambler? Better quit now. Are you a businessman? Stay.

#42     May 26, 2005
  3. Good point, if you run this as a business, don't quit. If you are a gambler, you should not have started it in the first place...

#43     May 26, 2005
  4. i love threads like this all loosers show up to justify themselves :p

#44     May 26, 2005
  5. I have a question that is a little OT, but it needs to be asked.

Are there really that many people in the world who cannot spell "loser"?

Or, is it just one person with 50 aliases who misspells it continuously?

#45     May 26, 2005
  6. Interestingly enough... you had to post along with the "loosers" in the "looser" thread.

#46     May 26, 2005
  7. ^^^^^^^

Well mr Cherry has been warned and i usually;
    appreciate people warning me-hope he does!!!!!!!

Also some people are just not cut out to work for someone else ,like me , for example and ;
    if some one really has the strong desire/discipline to run thier own business-
    never ,
    never never quit.
    Marty Schwartz took about 10 years;good that he didnt quit.

Good question mr Kamakazi and I wouldnt want to leave an impression with a new trader that you quote''always made money'';
    which implies you made money from day one and every day since.

Perhaps you meant make money? more often than not or something like that.???????????Good.:cool:

#47     May 26, 2005
  8. jond83

jond83

Honestly, if you love trading, and it is your passion to study market pyschology or technicals/fundamentals, I would never quit.
    I trade not for the money, but for the experience of trading in itself...

#48     May 26, 2005
  9. Choad

Choad

Hmmm, there used to be a member called "LongShot" that misspelled it on purpose, but I think the other 18,456 times it was misspelled here was from general ignoramuses.

But I suppose it could be that a group of traders managed to have a couple beers, relax and not trade so pent-up and tight.

They would each be a "looser" trader at that point and collectively they are a bunch of "loosers."

#49     May 26, 2005
  10. volente_00

volente_00

"I have actually seen 4 guys run up huge credit card bills as a means of funding their living."

Funny you bring this up. I know of a guy who ran up 250k in cash advances on credit cards and ended up having to file bankruptcy. Now most sane people would quit after such a setback. Did he ? Hell no, he saved up money for a few years and made it all back and then some and then he was smart enough to get out and invest it in real estate. The point is if you want it bad enough you can make it happen.

#50     May 26, 2005