When to exit.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by goodfellow, May 19, 2006.

1. Plain and Simple:

Perhaps the best exits would be the next entries.

#21     Jun 2, 2006
  2. LMeyers

LMeyers

When to exit?

Its best to wait till the 2nd margin call.:)

#22     Jun 2, 2006
  3. Agreed. The ONLY problem with this is that if you trade a 24 hour market you will suffer from sleep deprivation. Sometimes you have to reverse at 2am ET, sometimes 8 am, sometimes at 1 pm, sometimes 4 pm and sometimes at 7 pm and midnight too.

#23     Jun 2, 2006
  4. price goes up down and sideways......wrong, price never goes sideways......still upand down even when considered sideways....

#24     Jun 3, 2006
  5. real daytrader exits when target is seen if he is smart daytrader emini .....SEEN.....SEEN...get it?

#25     Jun 3, 2006
  6. greeks

greeks

I totally agree. Set your profit target, get out and go fishing for the rest of the day.

#26     Jun 3, 2006
  7. greeks

greeks

Turtles is the animal runs slower than bulls or bears. So it follows the trend.

#27     Jun 3, 2006
  8. then while u r fishing work on a real system that will give u all of the good trades for the day........i don't like to be fishing when money is flowing in my direction and i am absent.........and it is just as easy on all signals, especially when the signals are all identical.......why would u not want them all during the day if u have time to go fishing u have time to take the gold market is throwing at you......same identical entry signal given on each one only.......not greedy hoping u r right system........the fishing thingie has been around for 5 years i know.......that is fear of market/losing/pain caused by losing speaking.......no offense intended.......please forgive if harsh..........porgie

#28     Jun 3, 2006
  9. Cheese

Cheese

When to exit?
    EOD.
    Every day.
    Catch everything the whole day has to offer (eg YM).
    :)

#29     Jun 3, 2006
  10. Good advice.

#30     Jun 24, 2006