When to call it quits

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by saxon22, Apr 1, 2009.

1. heypa

heypa

Sax. Nothing is ever 100 percent. I have a question for you. Do you think there is any chance that Obama may change the rules anywhere that would affect your thinking?
    Personally I"D not cross the Rubicon during these very uncertain times. Wait to see how the Obamanation works out.

#41     May 14, 2009
  2. monti1a

monti1a

Remember,

Withdrawals from your account to pay bills has the same effect on your account as losses. They both set your account back.

If you don't have at least 4-5 years of annual expenses PLUS 50k - 100k for a trading account, keep your day job.

#42     May 14, 2009
  3. It really depends on your personal risk tolerance. I took huge risk a few years back and gave up a cushy bank job in which I was lined up for a 80k a year promotion as soon I graduated college. I also gave up finishing the degree with 20 hours left. It worked out for me after many a 100 hour work weeks, thus far what I have made in my personal account in 09 has exceeded what I made in the entire year of 08. All in all if I could repeat it and do it slightly differently I would. I do wish I finished the degree and wish that I had saved more capital to trade. What really killed me last year was not having enough money in a trading account available to really make a decent living off it.

#43     May 14, 2009