When there is nothing more to learn in life, its time to go

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cold, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Cold, please do not take the in an offensive way - I am not saying it in that sense. You might have "mastered the markets", but based on some your posts here alone, I can tell that you, undoutably, still have a lot to learn. Check out the book, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", by Stephen R. Covey. The amazon link for it is below:

http://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206830122&sr=8-1

Check it out... you might realize just how much more there is to learn and grow.

#31     Mar 29, 2008
  2. cold

cold

maybe you mean well but you don't know me

you have no idea how much I know and what I am capable of

and the reason for my frustration

so thanks but no thanks

#32     Mar 29, 2008
  3. Not sure why anyone bothers with advice. The mere fact that you feel the need to come on ET and make such a post about yourself says it all...

#33     Mar 29, 2008
  4. bellman

bellman

Yes, and I reckon it's the same prodigies who were boasting to know everything in their 20's who then later boast when they are older that no one so young could possibly know so much.

#34     Mar 29, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

cold ,to get over your depression party,go out and buy a copy of that song my achy breaky heart,play it over and over til you know all the words, sing it to youself in the mirror, use a wooden spoon for a mike, invite your neighbors over ,put on a show,that should do it.

#35     Mar 29, 2008
  6. lmao ... finally a post that cold deserved.

#36     Mar 29, 2008
  7. wavel

wavel

It is unequivocally clear that with all the knowledge the OP would like us to believe they have, they lack the one and only fundamental requirement that all wisemen throughout the eons of time would have at the peak of their "knowledge list"... What could that be they all cry out ? Quite simple, nothing more than appreciation. If the OP really had as much knowledge about life and existence (and trading) as they would like the posters of EliteTrader to believe they have, then surely they would also have mastered the primary requirement that the universe asks of all and sundry, which is appreciation for what we have got, as opposed to what we havn't.

If the OP wishes to question the philosophical integrity that resides upon this analysis, I'd be most pleased to hear the subsequent conjecture that may materialise.

#37     Mar 29, 2008
  8. To my friends: My work is done. Why wait?

~~ George Eastman, suicide note, camera inventor, d. March 14, 1932

#38     Mar 29, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

he was almost 80 with a spinal disease,in a lot of pain, cold 's just in love with himself, its curable

#39     Mar 29, 2008
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Funny how you say "goodbye" here but come back and post some more. Seeking attention? I think so. Insecure? Probably. And I suspect low self esteem too. I'm 50, a 12 year full time trader, and I doubt you know 1/2 of what I know about trading or about life in general. Get over yourself; grow up and one day you will become mature.

#40     Mar 29, 2008