When The Debt Hits The Fan

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Hmm, her year income is down US$3.6M in value since jan 07 because of the currencies reshuffle. That difference alone is more than most here earn. I don't think it's moaning when you bring that point up in negotiations.
    You're just jealous because she has the option to choose and because she looks better.

#21     Nov 8, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

So what. She has a contract to be paid in $USD. If that's turned a bit sour, tough titty. When the contract is up and time to renew, change the provision at that time.

And, only part of her income is in $USD. The rest is in other currencies. Which, if she decided to spend in the US, would have increased buying power. Hard to feel sorry for the bitch... though she does have a cute butt.

#22     Nov 8, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Paying her in Euros, hahaha

Where is this economy headed when you have someone like her asking for euros. As if $30 M isnt enough, some people are extremely greedy. Anyone willing to pay her in euros is foolish.

#23     Nov 8, 2007
  4. Around $150 billion. In the ballpark. That quantifying of risk was important to the market today. It came from Big Ben. Aside from that his voice sounded shaky to me almost scared. There is an awful lot of air between where we are now and the summer lows and some machines went off today no doubt... or the plunge team bought the s&p and City, something happened, can it continue? That bad debt amount really is chump change I doubt more than a handful of banks would fold. However, the corporate debt market is seizing again, the dollar is falling... and it's just not right...
    Shouldn't oil fall off a cliff here if we are slowing as bad as it looks? The bond market can't rally any more it's not logical, it's got to be time for stocks and a sprint to the finish.. Or does it?~ stoney

#24     Nov 8, 2007