When size is a problem

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Georgii, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Usually understood to mean 100k 'lot', so 3,000 contracts would be 300 million units of base currency.

#11     Nov 3, 2009
  2. avery he was joking (i think)

any way I am not interested in his peronal account but he was being humerous here.
    --------------------------------------------------

You're not made of money? One would have thought you would be swimming in cash by the way you post as if you are omniscient and treat others with disdain and contempt.

#12     Nov 3, 2009
  3. Account size doesn't matter in this context, performance is usually expressd in percentages or Sharpe and the like.

#13     Nov 3, 2009
  4. jjf

jjf

"When size is a problem"

Well I am not a gynecologist, but I can take a look.

#14     Nov 3, 2009
  5. It was only a matter of time.....:D

#15     Nov 3, 2009
  6. cstfx

cstfx

On most of the ECN platforms (IB, MBT, Currenex, HotSpotFXi, FXAll, ChoiceFx) you can easily trade in and out 1MM to 5MM w/o affecting the market. In fact, except for MBT and IB, most of these platforms kinda discourage trading sizes less than 1MM. But with these platforms, you can see the bid/ask depth to determine what could be filled with ease (i.e. it is easier to fill EURUSD in size than USDNOK). If you are managing OPM, then these platforms should be more than sufficient for your means.

If you need to push larger sizes (20MM+) regularly, you will probably need a tier 2 access level platform (i.e. credit line at bank on their platform).

#16     Nov 3, 2009
  7. wow........that's BIG

Thx

-------------------------------------------------
    so 3,000 contracts would be 300 million units of base currency.

#17     Nov 3, 2009
  8. OK thx for that. Are we talking WITH leverage or without?

--------------------------------------------------
    you can easily trade in and out 1MM to 5MM w/o affecting the market. In fact, except for MBT and IB, most of these platforms kinda discourage trading sizes less than 1MM. But with these

#18     Nov 3, 2009
  9. cstfx

cstfx

MBT - 100:1
    HotspotFXi - dependent on prime agreement your broker has usually 20:1 to 50:1
    IB - 40:1 on majors, 30:1 on some exotics, limited number of pairs
    Currenex - number of brokers offering 100:1
    FXAll - mostly institutional with about 20:1 to 40:1

#19     Nov 3, 2009
  10. You're up on all this stuff, would you trade with vCap, and if so which platform would you opt for, Currenex?

#20     Nov 3, 2009