When should we leave Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Nov 10, 2006.

How long?

1. This weekend

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. 1 year

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. 2 years

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. More than 2 years

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. When polled, more than 50% of the population thought Iraq had something do with 911, even after Bush said they didn't.

The sheeple are stupid, obviously. It took screwup after screwup from the republican party, scandal after scandal, for the sheeple to figure it out last Tuesday...

#21     Nov 11, 2006
  2. Why is it so difficult to figure out that many, many Arabs simply don't want the US in their countries?

I doubt many Americans would like it if a foreign military presence were in our country, having invaded and ousted the president...

#22     Nov 11, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly. Although I disagree what you said later, that the figthing will die down. It will increase.

Since we are passing peak oil right now and Iraq has the 2nd largest oilreserves on Earth, in the near future it is going to have even more economic/strategic importance. Thus we stay until the last blood, I mean oildrop...

Last time I checked cold fusion is still just a dream, so unless a new practical energy source is discovered, we will bleed app. 1000 soldiers a year over there.

And of course no Democrats will ever seriously consider leaving Iraq, for the above mentioned reason...

The only improvement can be the partitioning of Iraq, what they are already talking about, cutting up the country into 3 parts. Historically speaking Iraq was never a homogen country, it was artifically created by imperialistic interests...Only problem is that 1 part will not have oil>>thus war will continue...

#23     Nov 11, 2006
  4. Who cares what the Arabs want Z? What most of them want is to be free to beat their wives into submission and hate Jews. This is not about those animals, it is about what is best for us! They are not going to like us whether we are there or not. We represent anti-social threats to them. We let women be people. As long as their women see the freedoms of Western women they will hate us.

#24     Nov 11, 2006
  5. So we are not supposed to care what other people want, but they should care what we want and live by our democratic capitalistic standards, should not attack us, blah, blah, blah...

The hubris of America will lead to our decline, just as it has with every other country who held the mantle of power...

#25     Nov 11, 2006
  6. Exactly Z! if our interests and desires coincide that is wonderful. When they don't it is time for a bigger hammer!

#26     Nov 11, 2006
  7. So if someone else has a bigger hammer at some point than we do, you will be happy to get hammered, and conform without resistance to the way of life of the biggest hammer....

#27     Nov 11, 2006
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I will take a wild guess here: perhaps the Arabs?

Using a little Jon Stewart humor: God messed up a bit when he put OUR oil under THEIR asses...

In today's small world, what goes around, comes around. So the strong should be careful and not to overplay their hands...

So you shouldn't oppose if it is also wonderful if their interest (keeping their own oil) and desire (get Americans the fuck out) coincide...

#28     Nov 11, 2006
  9. Has this been hammered into your head yet: "Cut losses quickly, let profits run."

Bush needs some trading lessons.

#29     Nov 11, 2006
  10. If you think there is a single person on this planet who gives a rat's ass about what this country wants I have a pretty large but inexpensive bridge in Brooklyn for sale. Interested?

#30     Nov 11, 2006