When It’s a Clear Day and You Can’t See GM

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Good post.

It would also be a great idea if the government could add-in provisios about creating fuel-economy cars using either electricity and/or whatever type of fuel efficient car that does not use oil the mad scientists are cooking up ... I know they must have at least one solidly working prototype ready to go, if not much more.

#11     Nov 18, 2008
  2. Is bankruptcy a way for the Big 3 to void UAW contracts with high labor costs?

#12     Nov 18, 2008
  3. The big 3 should stop funding retiree healthcare. Union salaries should be cut to the same as what Toyota, Honda, etc. are paying for US workers. The union lives in Never Never land... $70 hourly to put a bolt on a wheel? Give me a break

#13     Nov 18, 2008
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Thank you!

Most here on ET are oblivious to GMs role in national security. Probably spent too much time in financial firms creating nothing.

Bail out GM, let the Banks go to Hell.

#14     Nov 18, 2008
  5. Give them the money without dealing with the fact that they are burning a billion a month because the are not competitive and we will all be back here debating the next bailout in 2 years from now, military vehicles or not.

#15     Nov 18, 2008
  6. etile

etile

bailout GM so they can go bankrupt in 6-12 months instead of 2-3?

GM is hemorrhaging cash. Unless they can significantly restructure themselves and essentially rebrand themselves to what they were back in the good ol days, nothing will stop this company from going belly up.

GM is a huge money sink and throwing good money after bad at it will not stop the sinking ship.

If/when GM goes BK, the US economy will go to absolute shit--and so will the global economy.

#16     Nov 19, 2008
  7. Mvic

Mvic

I see Obama's camp is now talking about Universal Healthcare ( I thought they would have waited until at least the inaugural to change their healthcare plan to universal coverage), if this comes to pass so US automakers really need a bailout, just having the healthcare monkey off their backs should be enough to make them competitive again.

#17     Nov 19, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

WHY THE F%CK are they wasting their time questioning these fools, dont give them anything, case closed. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This is taking way to damn long to come up with an answer, just tell them the answer is no....

#18     Nov 19, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Significantly restructure themselves????????

What??? They already restructured themselves. Thats it, they had there chance and they didnt make it. They didnt even thrive in the last 5 years when the economy was BOOMING, now look at them, they think a few billion today is going to change things. No way will it change anything.

#19     Nov 19, 2008