When It Comes to Health-Care Reform, the IRS Rules

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, May 12, 2013.

1. piezoe

piezoe

That's quite disturbing, to me anyway. We need to know much more as to why this was done. Very disturbing indeed. There has to be very good reasons. I mean the Republic has to be in danger, before this should be done, and never done without independent review. We should know what kind of review procedure was used. We need light, not obfuscation.

I agree wholeheartedly with the director of the ACLU who said: "The attorney general must explain the Justice Department's actions to the public so that we can make sure this kind of press intimidation does not happen again,"

The problem in a nutshell is that actions taken under the veil of "national security" are potentially so very dangerous to the Republic.

#11     May 16, 2013
  2. in 1775, any British soldier could shake you down and see if you had any subversive literature in your pocket

that was one of the things that pissed the founding fathers off

#12     May 16, 2013
  3. clacy

clacy

Whoa, now it's being reported that the person who ran the department in charge of determining tax exempt status of political non-profits was promoted to run the department in charge of implementing Obamacare.

This is a big development, IMO.

#13     May 16, 2013