When is this market going to come down?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EMini-Player, May 6, 2003.

1. [Briefing.com] 15:40 ET Dollar plunges following Fed, bonds rally

Other news: CSCO beats by $0.01

#11     May 6, 2003
  2. So, the way I see it, according to the bonds, today was the top.

Now, how do you think Cisco's earnings will play a role in tomorrow's open?

#12     May 6, 2003
  3. Last Friday I posted that Wed.( tommorrow ) at noon selloff may begin. We shall see
    Walter

#13     May 6, 2003
  4. I feel there will be a pull back but the post war rally will continue.

imho

#14     May 6, 2003
  5. CSCO is flat in after-hours.

#15     May 6, 2003
  6. 1. we chop around here or a little lower thru the summer and then sell-off in the Autumn

2. we've topped out and will begin a sell-off immediately

take your pick.....

Just a thought,

triple

#16     May 6, 2003
  7. I see a flat to slightly higher market tomorrow early, whith the dow flat to slightly higher by noon. The Market makers are short so they're not going to let things go much higher.

Look for things flat until noon, then dropping off just after lunch. A short spike in chemicals and manufacturing just after 12, but look for white collar and blue chip drop by 3:30 which should bottom out (v-bottom) and rally into the close.

Longer term we're looking for a higher summer from here, but this will be curbed by the performance of world markets. Don't bet against the market makers tomorrow. Everybody whose piling on the long train will get their pockets picked.

PP

#17     May 6, 2003
  8. CSCO down 2% in after-hours.

#18     May 6, 2003
  9. DAMN! WHEN IS THE MARKET GOING TO GO DOWN?!
    DAMN WHEN IS THE EURO GOING TO COME DOWN?!
    I can't believe it! I am so pissed I missed out I am gonna short all I can to take revenge! This thing has gotta come down dammit!:mad:

#19     May 6, 2003
  10. GreenDog,

I like your line of thinking. The most mind-boggling uptrends are often fueled by everyone thinking it MUST be a top. Like you, I am bearish as hell right now, but I am willing to play the long side if the market wants to have it that way. Agree with you - let the market become exhausted before you short!!

PEG LEG JOE

#20     May 6, 2003