When is this Bull gonna end?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 29, 2010.

1. I am getting tired of this bull. I have short puts expiring soon and it would be nice if the correction comes.

Anyone have an idea when we will start seeing another correction? Do you think mid october?

2. I'm sure it'll end....as soon as you buy some calls/go long?

3. I think the worst is behind us. I dont think we'll have anything near like what we had in 2007.

Truthfully, I think we just sideways chop in the 1000-1200 SnP range for a few years.

4. That would be good enough then.

5. NoDoji

NoDoji

Wouldn't you be happy to pocket all that premium for nothing if this bull holds up? :confused:

6. olias

olias

good question

7. businessstaxes

businessstaxes Guest

september is normally a dead month and nobody really sells or buys anthing the year is over for new money.l people sold in may and i don't know if they are comming back on november.

8. The optimal profit is for a put to expire close to the strike price it was written. I suspect that is the situation.

9. gucci

gucci

Why are you tired? Why aren't you pleased? You didn't bought it, did you?

10. NoDoji

NoDoji

The optimal profit is to realize the full premium collected at or near expiration, and the further price stays from the strike price the better. The last thing you want if you're short puts is a correction, unless you're short because you actually want to own a stock at a discount.

#10     Sep 29, 2010