When is micro emini available on IB?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader99, May 3, 2019.

1. trader99

trader99

You are right. After a while, 1 full NQ contract is more cost efficient. Another positive day. From a total amount it's not much. But from a process POV, it was good. Shorted, then reversed and went long when I should.

But the real edge is better risk mgmt. Patterns are good. In the past and even now I rely too much on patterns. While the pattern might be eventually right, it's dangerous. So now I just get out fast when things change. Especially when things change fast. With MNQ, it gives me good practice of getting out of losses without a big hit to the account. Then I can recover easily.

I really want to cement processes down with multiple MNQs then scale to 1 NQ then scale to multiple NQs.

#71     May 14, 2019
  2. trader99

trader99

I can scalp easily 4-5 points. But I have been trying hard to hold onto winners. Today finally caught a good move.

10.25 points
    27.50 points

I'm glad that I was able to switch long to short to long to short to long. Before I was always stuck in my view. Still in MNQs. Once I cement this process and thinking then I can scale up.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    #72     May 20, 2019
  3. trader99

trader99

Started trading on the full NQ contract today. Just scalping. Too scared to hold longer. But with practice I will hold as long as the MNQs. Same idea. But the P&L swings are so much bigger...

#73     May 23, 2019
  4. The new Micro E-mini contracts will be one-tenth the size of CME Group's existing E-mini futures ... They will be available for trading in May 2019. ... Vice President Marketing and Product Development at Interactive Brokers.

#74     May 23, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  5. trader99

trader99

Finally. Captured 13.26 points on the full NQ contract! I was scalping around then finally got on board and rode it. I should have gotten back for another 20 pts ride.

If I can bang out 50-100 NQ points a day then I should be fine..

Good to be working from home today. hehe.

#75     May 23, 2019
  6. trader99

trader99

I love MNQs! Hanging out all day for the holiday. Just came home. Turned on bought a bunch of MNQs and flip it for profits. ka-ching.

#76     May 27, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Slow on the uptake there, sir. This is how we know you are not serious. There are journals showing this shit now for a couple of weeks.

You want to play in the pond? Then get with the program and swim with the fishes.

#77     May 27, 2019
  8. RRY16

RRY16

Wait till August until they roll out the Micro Micro, it’s 100th the size of the mini and you get a free bowl of soup and a tutorial video from NQurious plus you’re automatically entered into the ET sim trader contest. Start with a $20 account.

#78     May 27, 2019
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Mreh, don't be like that RR. Give it a whirl...I think you will pleased. In fact, I bet if you placed orders for 10 contracts in and out on the micros, you'd have wonderful fills.

But you cannot knock it until you try it. :)

#79     May 27, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  10. trader99

trader99

Another good morning. Trading both MNQs and NQs. The way I use MNQ is to get an average price. If it bounces around I will try to get filled multiple prices. In the past, I tried to fill at a precise price which sometimes is not possible. Also that's not how one can scale.

So buying at multiple prices and scaling out to exit using MNQs is good practice when I scale up to multiple NQs. Right now I'm trading up to 7 MNQs but only 1 NQ at a time.

A great instrument.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    #80     May 28, 2019