When is micro emini available on IB?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader99, May 3, 2019.

1. trader99

trader99

Now total up $148. 4 MNQs. quick in and flip out.

#61     May 9, 2019
  2. trader99

trader99

Now net is $290. Amazing thing is only this time trading only 1 lots! The volatility is CRAZY! Get in and flip out for 20 NQ points in a minute or less. ROFL

What was really scary was IB TWS gives me this light blue color and I couldn't even get fcking out!

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/...imeactivitymonitoring/order_status_colors.htm

So I remembered that happened once to me in the distant past and costed me money. So I exited IB TWS. Log back in and luckily my limit order got hit. And I actually ended up making money.

Have you guys ever got the blue light specials from IB TWS?! wtf?!

since MNQ is only 1/10th in a full contract this would be $2900. But I don't know I would have been able to hold through all of that.. this is a good sign nevertheless.. at 9:23PM PST too. lol

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    #62     May 10, 2019
  3. trader99

trader99

Traded GC(full contract). Bought on the breakout but then it reversed but held through got out at the local highs. Then bought at the pullback which then pullback some more then raced up.

I still haven't master breakouts. Sure some breakouts just zoom ahead. Alot of time breakouts pop then retraced. So better to buy at the retrace. But gotta be careful unless the retrace becomes a reversal.

Then I trade MNQ but mostly just 1 lot. I should have really killed it today. I shorted but got out too soon. That's an area I need to improve(hold onto winners). I made money going long and short.

In someways, this is very cathartic. In my old days, I would have been killed on a day like this. I would try to buy the bottom too early and the worse part is that I would reshort just as it reversed. LOL. The old foolish ways.

So I'm trading in the right way at the right time. Ended up positive on a day I normally would get destroyed. Which is a huge process improvement. Moneywise it's not that big since I'm trading MNQ.

But there are way more signals that I didn't take. I'm working from home today and I could have taken way more signals. :)

But I always think it's better to get process right before scaling..

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    #63     May 10, 2019
  4. trader99

trader99

Though I bought near the bottom, I didn't hold for the 160 points ride. Hard to ride intraday trends. Just ride the micro trends.

#64     May 10, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

The micro trend is the same as the mini trend, which is the same as the macro trend. Not sure what yer saying there.

#65     May 10, 2019
  6. trader99

trader99

Haha. What I meant is that I got in near the bottom but I didn't hold my winners super long.

But it was still a net profitable trade. But it could have been hugely profitable.

#66     May 10, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Don't forget, you have 9 extra levels of granularity now to work your system, whatever that is, underneath the mini. Use it to your advantage.

#67     May 10, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  8. trader99

trader99

Another positive day. Just trading 1 MNQ lots. Shorting then reverse then long. Then short. Then long.

I need to get the process down then start scaling MNQs. 2 lot will double the profits and still would be less than 1 NQ full contract. LOL. 10 lots = 1 NQ full contracts.

Same process. Then 10 NQ will be huge.

Get the process down then scale!

#68     May 13, 2019
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Mmmm, by the time you get up to 7-9 contracts, you might as well switch to 1 mini, so you save on exchange fees, and won't have to worry about partial fills on the micro.

#69     May 13, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  10. trader99

trader99

made more money tonight on just 4 lots. I kinda like the overnight sessions. Slower and easier to trade even though wider spread but not really. The spread is actually pretty reasonable unless high volatility times.

RTH sessions, things more so fast that I'm afraid to load up a lot of contracts. I think what this gives me is flexibility on price. Sometimes I can't get everything at one price. So a small reasonable pullback I can comfortably add more MNQ contracts. On the full contracts, I'm afraid to add more on even the slightest pullbacks.

Also I can test various patterns without hurting my account since so small.

#70     May 14, 2019