When is micro emini available on IB?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader99, May 3, 2019.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The CME has a number of Micro symbols and to my knowledge, none have options.

#31     May 5, 2019
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

That is your broker testing not the CME.

#32     May 5, 2019
  3. trader99

trader99

how's the liquidity?

#33     May 5, 2019
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I do not have a live CQG platform. I did call Wedbush Future and asked if one of my clients wanted to trade it right now could I enable it and they said yes.

#34     May 5, 2019
  5. destriero

destriero

The liquidity is meaningless. It's going to be arbed against the big. I wonder if any of you people actually trade.

#35     May 5, 2019
    brench likes this.
  6. maxinger

maxinger

hmm. volume very low.

as of now,
    MES volume is 4k &
    ES volume is 270k.

#36     May 5, 2019
  7. heywally

heywally

MES on IB TWS is currently in test mode and unavailable to us, so that volume is misleading. Even in test mode, the spread is pretty tight - there are supposed to be 10 market makers associated with these products. Volume/liquidity/spreads aren't going to be a problem with these, for most people.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    #37     May 5, 2019
  8. SumZero

SumZero

Right now I don't get the message anymore. It seems is live in IB.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    #38     May 6, 2019
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

My personal opinion is these are not good scalping symbols. They are targeting very small accounts or equity traders that swing trade SPY and can't get PM leverage and want a 1256 contract. If you can trade the ES you should. If you trade SPY in a $20,000 account, the MES is a better trading tool.

Bob

#39     May 6, 2019
    jl1575 likes this.
  10. heywally

heywally

Clearly not good for scalping. Then again, I think that scalping is a counterproductive technique, in the long run, relative to even buy/hold. Excellent though for people (even those with larger amounts of capital than 20K) who are scaling in and out with a rational timeframe strategy.

#40     May 6, 2019