When is it time to really PANIC about the US $

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Nov 25, 2007.

1. bgp

bgp

LAST YEAR ! :)

#11     Nov 26, 2007
  2. oh, I'm sorry if I hurt any feelings, you are right the German depression was bad but the US depression is definetly good [​IMG]

since the cost of printing US dollars in America seems high, this task has been outsourced to China

#12     Nov 26, 2007
  3. I never said anything about you hurting my feelings there pal, I was just making a statement. Those were different circumstances for their depression. The US isnt in a depression anyhow.

#13     Nov 26, 2007
  4. piezoe

piezoe

It won't be easy to get out of the hole we've dug ourselves into. Getting an intelligent, educated, leader into the Whitehouse, regardless of political affiliation, is going to be a first step. A pragmatist rather than an idealogue. An articulate president who can lead us away from this disastrous fear and war paradigm we seem to be stuck in. Someone who has respect for our constitution, and a Congress that will fulfill its constitutional obligation to to act as a check on the executive branch. That, in my opinion will do far more for the dollar and the economy than anything the Fed can do.

I am not a libertarian, though i am sympathetic to libertarian ideals and only wish they were achievable in the real world. But that would require perfect people, and we know that's not going to happen. However it is interesting to note that in the Present Administration we have an example of what a libertarian policy toward Corporate America may achieve. Whether the results have been good or bad is another matter. Oddly though, the application of this same philosophy in the area of individual rights has been about as far from libertarianism as one could get. Certainly the record on human rights this past seven years has been dismal -- one that would make any two-bit dictator proud. Curious how the one who cried freedom and democracy the loudest was the very one to condone "waterboarding."

This is the same combination of rhetoric and action that has been a hallmark of the world's most reviled dictators.

#14     Nov 26, 2007
  5. ya I understood, I was just trying to be funny

#15     Nov 26, 2007
  6. fortunately or unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way, being intelligent requires that ones mind function at a higher level than the average person, when in that state, the intelligent person finds no reason to not abuse the inferior (average) humans, specially that he knows if given the chance other humans will abuse him, so he makes sure not only they don't but that he is the one that uses them for what they are

the fact that many people are still looking for a leader, someone to lead them and their country (some boundary defined by the previous leaders), is sufficient evidence that they will not get anything close to what they dream of

of coarse leaders have no wish but to satisfy their own gratification, this includes all leaders, even the so called good leaders or saints if you wish, the desire could be anything from wanting to be known as a saviour and praised, to fucking human brains without them even sensing it, to just the feeling of being special

the people under these leaders, are happy and praise them when the leader's actions for some reason are of benefit to them too

for instance two countries are age old enemies, the leader of one, in an attempt to force the people of the other country to start a regime change, drops the tax rate to 10% in his own country. The leaders of the other country who are unwilling to drop their tax rates from a high of 50%, start seeing day to day strikes. The people of country one praise their leader as the great person who cares about his people and manages the country on a 10% tax rate, when in reality he gives no fucking shit about their existence.

#16     Nov 26, 2007
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The time to panic has already been past, but the band leaders hope they can continue to play nice music and distract the crowd.

Brandon

#17     Nov 26, 2007
  8. 1929
    :)

#18     Nov 26, 2007
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Ah huh, i thought my post might get a rise out of someone. I hope things are not quite as pessimistic as you have painted them, but perhaps they are.

#19     Nov 26, 2007
  10. imagine someone thrives to become a leader, he does everything for it, eventually he gets there, once in position he realizes one doesn't become omnipotent just by being a leader, and that he is bound in ways he never thought of, since he has put all his life in to this, just to find it what he did not assume it to be, he then becomes aggressive and violent in the process of trying to push it to make it what he dreamed it would be, such aggression arouses people's anger, making him fearful of losing his position, this fear forces him to become even more aggressive and violent. In the case of more realistic leaders, they are more decisive rather than aggressive, that is because they know the above, I don't think revolutions around the world were caused because human understanding had increased, and all of sudden humans came to know what freedom means, it was the fight between the aggressive and decisive leaders, now they are great role players, deceivers and con artists

this is only nature, and the way life works, [​IMG], you can't turn those bunnies into lions, it's a waste of time, but you can use them

just look at history how has it always been?

one shouldn't thrive to change humanity, it is such a waste of life, they will only stab you in the back, but to deceive them is what they deserve, to make them think you are doing them good, when in reality you are fucking them, that is what they want, that is how it should be

i.e. why were the blacks freed? because all of a sudden people started thinking that all humans are equal and color doesn't matter, think so?!, what about this; machinery advanced to a point were the cost of keeping and maintaining a slave was higher than the machines

talking of machinery and labour, today we have;

"The average wage for a U.S. warehouse or distribution worker is around $15 per hour (plus benefits). The average wage for this same work in China is about $3 per hour. The average wage for a skilled UAW U.S. automobile worker is $25 to $30 per hour, plus the staggering costs of health care coverage and retirement.

The average cost per hour to operate an industrial robot is, “30 cents per hour,” according to Ron Potter, director of robotic technologies of Factory Automation Systems."

http://www.forbes.com/business/2005/12/30/robots-logistics-warehouse-china-cx_rm_0103robots.html

http://www.industryweek.com/ReadArticle.aspx?ArticleID=10443

#20     Nov 27, 2007