when is capitulation day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Jul 11, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

sort of smells like it today but since its friday i would bet monday will be huge capitulation...then again banks report next week.

2. S2007S

S2007S

Banks do report....how worse can it get...........

Markets are holding up alot better than I thought they would.

3. When Israel attacks Iran would be a good bet.

4. some say VIX needs to hit 35

5. Not today thanks to the Fed. Now we have a massive short covering rally and the VIX is going back to $25.

6. I am here LMAO at CNBC pumping the news and FRE and FNM going back to where they were trading.

7. not today

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

After you get long and/or when you least expect it.

9. Cutten

Cutten

Not today. Each time it gets close, we rally, keeping the bearish pressure on. We need a real toilet flush day when there is NO rally, just a one-way puke down to levels that make ppl sick.

I would say next week could see the bottom. Expiration Friday, lots of bank results. Perfect for a "sell the rumour, buy the news" setup.

VIX above 35 intraday would be good too.

10. VIX above 35 would be good, but due to a number of issues, that might not happen.

There has been such a poor correlation between SPX puts accurately tracking portfolios that PM's have been going back to individual stock puts for much more accurate protection.

Also interesting to note, the VIX has been staying "in-line" with actual volatility, which hasn't increased all that much.

20-day historical vol of the SPX is currently about 21.

#10     Jul 14, 2008