When in pain and suffering ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thesharpone, Sep 6, 2008.

1. close your eyes and say I give all my pain to this world and everyone in this world (also envision what you say)

the least is it will relieve you from your pain temporarily, even if it is for a few seconds it is worth it, because you need that relief when in pain

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

or push the button on the morphine pump, that works much better

3. That sounds like sadism, which I'm sure is not what you're
    going for.

If you've ever watched Buffy maybe you caught the episode
    where Willow was so overcomed by the misery in the world
    that she decided it was best to destroy the earth. Her friend
    since childhood, Xander, risks his life to stop her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EofGj0kNNJY

WILLOW: Still making jokes.

XANDER: I'm not joking. I know you're in pain. I can't imagine the pain you're in. And I know you're about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid and hey, still want to hang. You're Willow.

WILLOW: Don't call me that!

XANDER: The first day of kindergarten you cried 'cause you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion... but the thing is, yeah. I love you. I love crayon-breaky Willow and I love scary veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. If you wanna kill the world, well then start with me. I've earned that.

WILLOW: You think I won't?

XANDER: It doesn't matter. I'll still love you.

WILLOW: Shut up. (she magically cuts his face)

XANDER: I love you.

(she magically slices at his chest)

XANDER: I... love -- (she blasts him, but he gets back up & staggers towards her)

WILLOW: Shut up.

(she blasts him again, weaker)

XANDER: I love you, Willow.

WILLOW: Stop...(weak blast)

XANDER: I love you.

WILLOW: Stop!

(she punches at him with her fists, breaks down crying in his arms, her hair turning back to red)

XANDER: (softly) I love you.

http://vrya.net/bdb/clip.php?clip=3744

4. I agree with you, it's sad that governments feel the right and have the power to tell us what to and what not to consume, but I can't advice people to commit illegal acts, not worth the risk

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think it really depends upon where you are. When I was in Florida I never had a problem, every single doctor I saw offered me at least 150, 8mg Diluidid per month for breakthrough pain (which I'm told is worth about $5000 + on the black market)plus MS Contin or Duragesic (sp?) patches for control. They have a pharmacy tracking system though that tells them any time a patient fills schedualed drug if they want to look you up, so it is easy for them to catch "drug seekers" if they want. On the other hand, in Iowa you practically have to have a hole in your head to get Tylonol 3 and you better have a hole in your head and be missing a limb to get anything stronger than Percocet. I think it also depends upon the specialty of the doctor, for example Oncology, even in Iowa, seems to not have a problem giving strong meds. After my last sugergy I was in a ton of pain and all the Ortho surgeon would give post surgically was toradol (which was, to be fair to Dr Fuck better than nothing, it took it from like a 10 to a 9.5 I think), thankfully the "regular" clinic was still open and my dad went down and told my Hemotologist what was going on and how terrible my pain was (I nearly bit my finger off trying to distract myself), and she called down a pump and other things that ended up knocking me out until the post surgical trauma had subsided.