When I Look Into AMD's Eyes (Or Chart)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ...this is what I see.

[​IMG][​IMG]

That right there, ladies and gentlemen, is the ugliest dog in the world.

2. I was just thinking about AMD and in my mind's eye was a picture of that very dog.

AMD's current troubles coupled with a potential correctionary market could drive this stock well under $10/share. If so, I'd feel compelled to pick up some shares.

3. While $8/share would be interesting, $5/share would be dreamy. :D

4. If it hits $8 by summer, I'm a big buyer.

I hate Intel (of course, this has nothing to do with my decision).

5. why do people always want to buy fallen stocks?

Almost every investment guide I have read says to leave these stocks alone.

How much money have people lost on VG and NEWC bottom fishing? Tons.

6. Are you really comparing AMD to the likes of NEWC and VG? You had better purchase some new investment guides.

And don't think I forgot, stock_chaf3r. You were pumping NEW before it became NEWC.PK. I'd search out the thread, but it's hardly worth the energy...

7. Agreed.

There is so much inherent worth in AMD, it is not reasonable to compare an engineering and scientific powerhouse, locked in a duopolistic battle with Intel, to a subprime mortgage broker.

My worry is that private equity would buy AMD before it has a chance to fall to $8-$9, thus, spoiling my plans to try and wait this out.

8. piezoe

piezoe

My worry is that private equity would buy AMD before it has a chance to fall to $8-$9, thus, spoiling my plans to try and wait this out.

Agreed. That is a concern.

9. hels02

hels02

Heh, there is NO comparison between AMD and some junky stock. From a economic standpoint, AMD is like BAC or AAPL when they are down and out of favor.

I don't think buyout is a possibility... but it's an interesting thought:).

I still own AMD. My original shares were bought at $14, it did 2 splits from there, and I sold all my original shares at $70, so whatever it does, it's free money. From a profit standpoint, I have to say that AMD has been my all time most profitable stock ever due to its insane volatility.

Someday GOOG might be close to as profitable a stock as AMD has been over the past 2 decades, though I don't believe it because by then AMD will be up again.

Geez, if AMD ever really dropped to $8, I'd sell every stock I owned to go all in. LOL!

10. If AMD does not turn around right now and breaks $13, then Im afraid the next stop is $10.00.

After breaking that nasty head and shoulders pattern, the stock has a target price of $0.

• amd.jpg
      File size:
      126.1 KB
      Views:
    #10     Mar 29, 2007