When Hackers Attack!

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by trimex, May 1, 2003.

1. I know hard to believe but trust me, very true

#11     May 15, 2003
  2. reactor

reactor

they're out to get you morpheus! quick to the telephone booth in the subway so i can log you out!

link

#12     May 15, 2003
  3. Yeah, I used to work for a Security firm, hacking your account thats one thing. They need more than an e-mail from you to move money to an account that was not designated, most places make you reauthenticate your destination account days before you can even move the money. Hack is one thing, getting around the lags in the banking system is another.

Unless you saw the request and decided to sit on it for 3 days *Dumb* I doubt anything actually happened.

#13     May 15, 2003
  4. In my case, I had already set up wire transfer (bank) information in my account, when the hacker got into my account he simply modified my bank wire to his (an overseas accout) He also hacked my email account so when the "token request" email can in he read it and entered it, this all happened within 1/2 an hour. Before I had a chance to call IB a wire request withdrawl was entered, token sent, email intercepted and replied to. Know I don't know what would have happened had I not seen the emails and then my account that day.. maybe there would have been a way to retreive the wire transfer.

Morf

#14     May 15, 2003