When does the next QE start?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by David's faith, Jan 30, 2023.

1. As the Virus came the printing came with it in order to protect the economy from harm. This time it's worse then Wuhan and nobody is talking about QE. What is your prediction when the next QE starts?

Windlesham1 likes this.
  2. Hopefully not for a long time... at least until the "recognition washout" occurs... maybe SP 1800?

Our markets have "tons of hopium" baked into it. Needs to be washed out next before great trade opportunity.

3. M.W.

M.W.

You kiddin'? There is no more QE. We are now entering many, many years of stagnation overall possibly a decade or longer. The absolute worst that can happen in any society is the erosion of monetary savings and value and a subsequent loss of trust in government. If inflation is not brought under control then this could spell the end of our western societies as we know it. People will revolt and chaos will ensue.

If anything Fed will start to reduce its balance sheet by 1 trillion USD each year going forward.

David's faith and ElCubano like this.
  4. emulimu

emulimu

S&P 1800? I am no expert on macroeconomics but I can confidently say we will never see 1800 again.

murray t turtle and stochastix like this.
  5. tomkat22

tomkat22

Hopefully we get weened off that teet. It served its purpose after the GFC when Bernanke and Obama,or whoever dreamed it up but in the long run I think we can live without it.

6. there are no experts on macroeconomic

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. Specterx

Specterx

QE will be resumed as soon as there's a scary drop in the market. IMO and in this context the "Pause" will be a sell-the-news event.

8. The next QE starts as soon as a major financial falls over and looks to die.
    Think Lehman Brothers.
    No telling where if will come from, but it certainly will happen.

9. schizo

schizo

C'mon man, think, it ain't that hard.

THE GREAT DEFAULT

David's faith likes this.
  10. %%
    WELL i thought that was petty + pretty anticapitalist when talking snake broadbrushed.
    Bear Stearns CEO, as ''leverage loving card playing'':D:D=as if he was some kind\
    of poker player lazy gambler
    He played bridge:D:D. JPM justified thier low bid for the whole company because ''you dont pay up for a house on fire''

#10     Jan 30, 2023