When do day traders pay the tax and how to do it ?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by traderwald, Aug 21, 2019.

1. monet

monet

Who wouldn't want to live in a Boris Johnson dictatorship?

#11     Sep 3, 2019
    tommcginnis and tomorton like this.
  2. monet

monet

The tax contributions of the spreadbetting companies and their employees more than makes up for the handful of profitable spreadbetters paying no tax such as yourself.

Everyone wins!

#12     Sep 3, 2019
    tomorton likes this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

All correct.

No worries with pattern day trading, no shorting restrictions, no scalping restrictions, no complications with lots and contracts and micro-lots. No negative equity risk. Client funds in segregated accounts. Deposit protection up to £85k. No income tax, no capital gains tax. No tax paperwork. Limited leverage. Guaranteed stops.

Its not a bad life......

#13     Sep 3, 2019
    SteveH likes this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Losses are normally filed on schedule D and 3000 can be taken each year.

#14     Sep 3, 2019
  5. I am US based, new to fulltime equity trading, have recently formed llc (scorp election), i have booked some wining trades but have some losing trades (which I am holding to sell at approprate time), wanted to confirm from trader bro's, do not have to file Quarterly tax with IRS or is my understanding wrong.
    Also, have not taken any salary since inception (last 2 months), is that a problem or can just have payroll done at the end of year.
    Any inputs will be highly appreciated. Regards.

#15     Sep 4, 2019
  6. When the LLC pays you salary or pays you other taxable distributions... that's when you need be concerned about quarterly estimates.

Ideally you would not take salary or any other distribution until year-end... then make your annual tax estimate by the 4th quarter tax date.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    #16     Sep 4, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

At the end of each year you should receive a 1099B form from the clearing firm where your account is located with your profit/loss for that year. You would usually incorporate that 1099B tax form with your other taxes for that given year. I'm not a tax adviser so you may want to get an accountant to make sure you are filing everything correctly.

#17     Sep 10, 2019