When did you hear about bitcoin for the first time?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by JefeTrader, May 26, 2017.

1. And did you buy it?

2. kandlekid

kandlekid

Back around the time of the 2014 surge. Missed it back then, missed it again :(

3. 2013 and it seemed like a scam back then

4. Bought a bit in 2014 at average price of 550$

JefeTrader likes this.
  5. It aint much, but I figure I could hold onto it indefinitely. Will regret not adding to it if bitcoin really shoots up into the high thousands.

6. apo99

apo99

I had a few hundred if not thousands of bitcoin around 2011, I used it for online video games to buy armor and weapons from other players lol

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

at around $150 before it ran up to over $1000 the first time.

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Around Sept 2013, a few months before MtGox blew up. Those were the exciting times, the speculations and theories behind are they solvent, who is Satoshi, who is DPR? (the funniest was the company selling miners realizing that running the miners (Butterfly? I think) was more profitable then selling them, and they used prepaid costumers' money to do it) Those were the times!!!

Today although the return is higher (or the same) it is just boring... We haven't had a decent scandal in the last 6 months. It is all technicals nowadays...

---------------------

Edit for accuracy: Apparently my memory is shit. I did a search on ET and the earliest Bitcoin thread was from 2011 June and I already participated in it. So that was 6 years ago and no I didn't buy it. I also didn't buy NFLX, AMZN or TSLA. I was bearish on all of those....

I bet you would like to know what I am not buying today. :)

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  9. algofy

algofy

I heard about it and researched it way back near the beginning. I read several places that mining wasn't worth the cost of electricity so pretty much stopped worrying about it. Ugh.

10. I was buying my first home...so spring of 2009, I guess.

#10     May 26, 2017