When did Decimalization take place

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bandit, Aug 14, 2003.

1. bandit

bandit

Does anyone know the exact month that Decimals came into effect?

thx bandit

2. VOLUME

VOLUME

I think it was early april 2001.

3. bandit

bandit

Thanks, but looking for exact. I am going over my history, and I think there is a glaring fact staring at me, but just want to confirm exact time frame.

thx

4. VOLUME

VOLUME

The Nasdaq market will begin converting to decimals on 12 March 2001 when 14 Nasdaq issues and one OTC Bulletin Board security, and their associated options, will switch to decimalization. This will be followed by approximately 150 issues on 26 March. Full conversion of Nasdaq equity securities is scheduled for 9 April this year.

April 9th.

5. NYSE was Jan '01. It was really tough to find though, I had to type "NYSE decimalization" in the Yahoo search box and up popped all I wanted to know. You gotta love the internet for its readily available information... no matter how hard, or easy, it is to find.

Btw, anyone know the closing price of the Dow today? :D

6. what's the top speed of a Cheetah?

Thanks in advance.

7. LOL! I don't want to spoil the surprise for you, but let's just say it is fast.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/AlexSchuster.shtml

This one required even more work, well at least more words. I had to type "the speed of a cheetah" in the box.

Btw GreenDog, I know you have children, did you pick your name from the label of children's clothes? LOL, my 3 year old daughter showed me her new shirt today, and the label was GreenDog. Of course I thought of you!

Anyway, I won't see your reply if any until tomorrow, I am EST and it is time for some rest.

Good luck tomorrow.

8. I had one of those. He could do 317mph in a 1/4 mile. The problem was that his parachutes failed to open and he plastered himself on a pine tree. I will miss him. He was one helluva fasterpussycat.

The second problem is that no one saw it but me. Therefore my story has been doubted by some and I cannot prove it, since I cannot recreate it. He used all of his nine lives on that one tree.

Just my luck. :D

9. bandit

bandit

THANKS ALL,

YOU SHOULD SEE MY NUMBERS AND WHEN MY PROFITABLITY WENT FROM MAKING 6 FIGURES A MONTH TO 5 AND EVEN 4 FIGURES A MONTH.

IT IS SCARY.
    BANDIT

10. Went from 75k a month in December 2000 to making maybe
    20k a month in a good month. Great policy hasn't helped
    investors put a lot of people out of work. Actually contacted
    general counsel of Senate Banking and Currency Committee
    and contacted SEC. SEC stated the increment would be
    reduced to a decimal - but it was up to the appropriate
    stock exchange to derive increment. Because of competition
    by ECN's NYSE figured they could gain more market share at
    .01 spread.

#10     Aug 21, 2003