When can I expect profits????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Amkeer, Oct 8, 2002.

1. you are paying way too much in commissions !!!

"I think that in my case i pay around $35 per a round trip"

#41     Oct 9, 2002
  2. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

orig post by me....
    wtf are you talking about??
    of course momentum traders short- like when a stock breaks a key support level.......
    you can't survive only going long- and thats ludacris to tell someone that. well, at least i sure as hell would never be an "only long" trader.

have you ever heard of bullets before?? :D :D

#42     Oct 9, 2002
  3. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

ahhh, fresh meat for the sharks!!!! :D :D
    j/k good luck...

#43     Oct 9, 2002
  4. loveshek

loveshek

Hello,

yes i know but I cant find any cheaper brokers that has Realrick built in order entry :<

#44     Oct 10, 2002
  5. prox

prox

Down -25% in your first 2 years isn't that bad..

With a 60% success rate, you apparently have a working method. The key is risk management and hanging on to your profits until your system makes you get out. You shouldn't have any losers on your trade log that will be large enough to hurt your account size.

So, ideally you would have around 45% small losers, 45% small winners and 10% huge winners. The small losers and winners would negate each other and leave you net profitable.

As for time frame, it'll depend on how disciplined the trader is and how soon they develop a set system with risk control. Some people never get it , some may take a couple of months. Desire to continue learning and reading is always good.

#45     Oct 21, 2002
  6. Amkeer

Amkeer

Thanks for the response!:)

Lack of discipline has cost me the biggest grief. If I followed the set system I would be net positive. Commission ate a big chunk also.

Its all part of learning.:D

#46     Oct 21, 2002