When Bush whacks Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by taodr, Aug 16, 2002.

1. rs7

rs7

Remember when Israel bombed the nuclear facility in Baghdad? They accomplished their goal, didn't get into a protracted conflict, and have (so far) not had to deal with terrorist attacks from Iraq in reprisal.

Strategy, intelligence, and security are what we need to win this war. Not massive destruction and the killing of innocents.

#41     Sep 5, 2002
  2. rs7,

You may be right, but perhaps we also need more intelligence in our intellegence groups?

aphie

#42     Sep 5, 2002
  3. rs7

rs7

We absolutely do. No question about it. Our intelligence agencies are horrible. But that is where the war will be fought, and that is the branch of our government that needs to be and will be fortified.

My son is going into the Navy's Nuclear Propulsion Program. This is where they put the kids that score highest on their aptitude tests. But he is already being "rushed" by Naval Intelligence. This is the future. This is where the talent will be going. We have all the weapons we can ever need. Now we need the brains.

:)

#43     Sep 5, 2002
  4. taodr

taodr

That's the point , there's CAREFUL strategy to deal with this butcher. But it's more complicated , times are different since Israel hit that facility. The handling of Afghanistan wasn't the best if bin laden got away. Although pondering this imo if bin laden was really killed it would be best if it was NEVER admitted. Namely these nuts over there not martar him and secondly people would want us troops out of there saying the job is done meanwhile it's only started.

#44     Sep 5, 2002
  5. that's because these people play underhanded. there's speculation they called that cease fire to let bin laden escape.

#45     Sep 5, 2002
  6. taodr

taodr

Yes Gordo but who would be so dumb to fall for it.

#46     Sep 5, 2002
  7. well, i guess you're right then. :) not many things are always executed flawlessly though..especially wars. i'm sure you're already aware of this.

#47     Sep 5, 2002
  8. "Anymore"? Come on dude, grow up a little. International domination isn't played by any 'rules'.
    But so what... at stake is the freest and greatest way of life in the history of the world. That's something worth protecting. Screw the rules.

rs7, seriously my friend, why you choose to remain ignorant of the intrinsic danger of Islam is beyond me. Remember, it's not the people, it's their religion that is the problem. (I can't be bothered going over all this again, except to say, specific effects have specific causes. Find them, deal with them. )

#48     Sep 5, 2002
  9. rs7

rs7

Dan,
    I agree, this was beaten to death in your exchange with trade2000 or whatever his name was.

But real quickly, yeah, Islam has teachings in the Koran that can and are interpreted to bring death and destruction to the infidels. But you can find all kinds of instructions in both the Old and New Testaments to "slay" and "stone" and "sell into slavery" and "destroy" and on and on. Islam has no monopoly on weirdness. Like I said in the other thread, this stuff isn't supposed to be taken literally. The fanatics do, and it causes problems. Look what happened with the Crusades. That time Islam was the victim. It's all insanity to me.

Imagine there's no heaven,
    It's easy if you try,
    No hell below us,
    Above us only sky,
    Imagine all the people
    living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
    It isnt hard to do,
    Nothing to kill or die for,
    No religion too,
    Imagine all the people
    living life in peace...
    (John Lennon)

Give Peace a Chance,
    :)rs7

#49     Sep 5, 2002
  10. That's the thing though rs7, the word of the Koran carries a lot mroe weight than the word of the bible (to each respective believer) because the Koran is actually meant to be Allah himself talking. (not like the bible, where god only talks here and there).
    That's what makes it so dangerous.

And yeah, I love that song too. I'm all for peace (honestly!). Sometimes though, you need break a few eggs to make an omellete.

#50     Sep 5, 2002