When Bush is outta office, will the haters give the US another chance?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gunslinger, May 3, 2007.

1. Lets say there's a Dem president in '08, is that going to change the Isalm radicals call for "death to the infidels (the US in particular", or is it past the point of no return? My thinking is that regardless of a change of pres, change of foreign policy, the extremeists will still want to see the destruction of the US. Discuss.

2. SteveD

SteveD

I mean no disrespect:

How old are you?

Have you been reading the papers, keeping abreast of the world situation since 1979 when the Islamic Fascist first attacked the US...

They have been trying to annihilate the Jews for the last 2000 years.....

SteveD

3. Well.

extremist will still want to destroy the US, but like always happened before, in all the ages.

I think that a dem president will give a better image of the US to the world (extremist are not the world, they are just a buch of morons who doesn't represent nobody) or even a rep president a little more "friendly" with the rest of the world than bush.
    IMO, US image has bottomed with bush admin and will improve regardless of who will be the future president.

4. SteveD

SteveD

A very simplistic view of the real world....

History will show Bush made the world safer because he is the first Pres that will take action if we are harmed....

World is slowly but surely coming around to his way of thinking...

France is going to elect a PRO American for Pres....

England didn't like finding all those "home grown" Islamic fascists living among them plotting to kill Brits....

Other Middle East countries all of a sudden realizing how much danger they are in with Pres NutJob in Iran with "nukes"....

For entirely too long, other countries allowed groups to stay there as long as they only killed Americans or Jews......

They will pay a price for that now......

It is a different world after Sept 11......

Why don't you ask what we think of them and will the US ever trust a Islamic country????

SteveD

5. SteveD

SteveD

In the 1930's Chruchill was villianized and called a "war monger" for wanting to confront Hitler at that time....

Churchill said the war that was most assuredly coming would be "the most unnecessary war in history"....

No one listened and as a result 50,000,000 people died including 6,000,000 Jews in the Holocaust......

Hitler had said he was going to deal with the Jews and rid Germany of this parasite any way he could.......

Now we are confronting a very different enemy, more dangerous, as this is a fanatical religious movement of barbarians intent on destroying the civilized world.....

Pres NutJob of Iran says he wants to annihilate Isreal....why do we ignore that????

Islam is a demented, sick religion that hates Jews and Christians..

And now technology has given them the means to attack us and do very serious damage.......

Two attacks have been stopped: One a large building in LA...the other a gas attack on the NY subway system....

PS: Always remember Germany never attacked us.....

I simply do not understand how people can ignore the actual facts of the world situation as it is happening.....

SteveD

6. SteveD

SteveD

We had an election after the war started:

Bush got more votes than any President in history.....

Those are facts.....pesky little things, those facts....

SteveD

7. -Steve

My intent in starting this thread was not to bash Bush. I simply wanted to know peoples opinions on how the world in general, the radicals in particular will view us with a different administration. Do they have a problem with the US as a whole (which seems to be the case IMO) or just the current admin?

Yes history has shown there has always been a resentment towards the west coming from the mideast, but not to the extreme where we find ourselves now. My thinking is that Bush is just a red herring and regardless of the domestic political climate, the extremests will continue to plot and plan.

8. SteveD

SteveD

I did not say he was the first to point out the danger.....he was the first to actually do something about it....

I saw a clip of Sen. Clinton, Dodd, Rockefeller, Kerry and Biden making impassioned speeches regarding Saddam and the necessity to remove him from office ASAP.....

He had poison gas (used on Kurds), working on WMD, harboring Al-Queda,.....must move now.....US cannot wait till danger is imminent.....Brits, French, Russians and isreal all said same thing.....

We have 3000 dead in NY from an attack from Islamic Fanatics...
    The next attack may leave 30,000 dead....

We were first attacked in 79, Cole Bombing, Lebanon barracks, 2 embassies in Africa, first Tower attack in 92?, and then 9/11

We are not in this for a popularity contest....this is a very real struggle for civilization....against an enemy that will strap a bomb on a teenager to blow up other teenagers.....

The President, any President, has to make decisions with all the facts available to him at the time......easy to second guess, hindsight......

Little Timmy Russert, Little Wolfie Blitzer, and the like...never elected to anything.....wallowing in self importance.....

But, if Democrat elected Pres (which I doubt) and we get another attack.....end of Democratic Party as you know it.....

SteveD

9. I agree with Steve completely.

What is happening now, the 'obsessive' behavior of Hamas against peace, this weeks murder of the Lebanese politician, the blowing up of sacred mosques in Baghdad for the sole purpose of igniting civil war, I am almost sure come from the same source....

Iran's clergy. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not were the whole 911 plan really started...

Scary to think these guys are so longing atomic weapons...

but Bush is the bad guy........comical.

10. man

man

i do think they are independent movements. one being
    the power of the US weapon industry and islamic extremists.
    the latter is IMO not directy assailable. the willingness
    of leaders and mothers to sacrifice their children by drilling
    them into becoming suicide attackers is immune against
    military force. this enemy must be treated differently.
    sun tsu, the art of war, has more on that. there are
    enemies you cannot attack directly.

maybe the best way to tackle this one is to build school
    yards, offer good food to homeless, organise football
    tournaments and give free computer courses. drop
    100$ laptops instead of bombs. something along this
    line.

i am truly not a rep, but you cannot take one great
    achievement away from george walker: no attack after
    911. he will be remembered for some bad things, but
    he definitely deserves credit for this one.

#10     Jun 16, 2007