When Bernanke speaks he reminds me

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Optionpro007, Jun 5, 2006.

1. you'd be surprised at how many ET threads have started a media uproar...look for katie couric to take over this thread and make sense of what we're saying...

i can see it now..

Bernanke Shivers:...."hey...can somebody turn the heat on...my teeth are chattering"

reminds me of a Forrest Gump quote:
    "It must be hard being the king...."

#11     Jun 5, 2006
  2. agreed

i counted ben saying 12 um.... ah..... um..... ahhh's in a minute....

he also hasnt mastered greenspeak. greenspan could speak for 7 1/2 hours without actually saying anything and could put a speed addict to sleep.

#12     Jun 5, 2006
  3. Wouldnt you be nervous if you were in his position, a slip
    of the tongue and world stock markets lose a $trillion in market cap.:eek:
    (The Wilthshire 5000 lost a quarter of trillion in value today).

#13     Jun 5, 2006
  4. That's what made him the best man for the job.

#14     Jun 5, 2006
  5. john99

john99

LOL,

Seriously, I'd be nervous if I had to give a speech to the nation on inflation when the market was already down over 1%. Now the media is going to blame the huge drop all on Bernanke, when in reality it was already down big for the day. The interest rate increase is going to happen, it would be a shock to investors if we paused at this point. It would suck to be in Ben's position, because he's the new guy on the block and he has to deliver the bad news for some time to come. Kinda like what happened when Greenspan took over and the market started tanking hard.

#15     Jun 5, 2006
  6. "If you understood what I said, I must have misspoke." Alan Greenspan

#16     Jun 5, 2006
  7. indeed.

#17     Jun 5, 2006
  8. He hasn't dealt with that "ah um" yet? Missed him today but it was very distracting the last time I watched - the night Maria was buying him drinks I think. :p

Anyway, here's what he said without the lapses. Lot here.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/speeches/2006/20060605/default.htm

#18     Jun 5, 2006
  9. It matters if every "uhm" and quiver in one's voice represents an S&P point.

#19     Jun 5, 2006
  10. All the noise from the Fed chairman and the bond market did nothing. Very interesting.

#20     Jun 5, 2006