When are you successful?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by RunTrade, Jan 17, 2006.

How do you feel when goals are not met?

1. I feel like I still did a superior job even though I didn't profit as much as I expected.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. I feel like I missed out on something, but at the same time did not lose ground.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I am upset that I did not reach my profit goal, but still have a good outlook for the next goal.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I am upset and feel like I lost. It may even bring unwanted emotions into the game.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. I have wondered how many traders think about their goals. Do you still consider yourself successful if you are in the green but not near your goal? examples might be if you want to acheive 6% in the next month based on your average earnings of the previous few months, but you end up only making 3.5%. Do you feel like you were unsuccessful even though you did make a profit. If your goal is to make 50% on the year, yet only do 30%?

This situation is geared more for those who have been profitable for some time. Please do not vote if your recent goals were to BE profitable as it does not pertain here.

Sometimes I get the feeling that being negative by the end of the month is so out of the picture that I feel like I "lost" if I wasn't close to a certain profit goal.

RT