When are we going to wise up and call the health care industry the SCAM that it is

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Although expensive, if done properly it can be fantastic. In Canada we have a world class health system. Being a Diabetic (And no, I'm not fat and unhealthy!) it has helped greatly.

#41     Nov 10, 2008

2. Maybe because they do not have to stress over what is going to happen to their wealth if something like cancer strikes?

#42     Nov 10, 2008
  3. jprad

jprad

One study says N cups of coffee a day will kill you for certain while another says N+Y cups will keep you alive.

It's more enlightening to find out who funded a study before taking any stock in what they're trying to get you to believe.

#43     Nov 10, 2008

4. You missed my point by a mile.

#44     Nov 10, 2008
  5. karol88

karol88

obviously they don't need to stress about their future medical bills as long as they are insured...right? and in Europe, they can't even get jobs, and the ones they have don't pay enough...that's something to stress about...isn't it?

all I know is that for example in Eastern Europe during communism (no processed foods and lots of walking) cancer was almost unheard of...but it's not the case today (with all the junk foods and no exercise)....
    I don't think the DNA link will explain that?

#45     Nov 10, 2008

6. Couple of years ago I had a major accident in Canada. My father and my girlfriend were hurt and the care we received was on par with the US system if not better.

I also had a misfortune of needing hospital care in Norway (brief but painful). Their system is even better than Canada's, not to mention what is available in the US for free.

I am telling you, all those commies are making the lives of the people just too damn easy.What next? Universal fire and police coverage? Minimum wage? This is getting out of control! :mad:

#46     Nov 10, 2008
  7. karol88

karol88

the study was meant for you, not for me...I don't need to read this study to believe it, I know it's true: a third of my friends here in the US have somebody in their family dying from cancer as we speak...one in 10 from Europe have the same problem.
    I'm from Europe, and I'm shocked by the amount of illnesses people have here...and right now the only explanation I have is the lifestyle, food etc....however I'm open to other suggestions/studies as long as they make sense.

#47     Nov 10, 2008

8. Even the people of E.Europe had free health insurance and why would they walk, their transportation system was very cheap and bus service just as good.

As for the junk food and no exercise,most E. European are fit and the women and their long legs..... Let's not even go there.

#48     Nov 10, 2008

9. Food is a major reason for being healthy or not. Having said that I think it is the preventive medicine where the cure is at. Why do you think people eat this junk? Have they ever been to a doctor who would explain them the dangers of eating pizza for breakfast? And I mean sit down and spend more tan 5 minutes explaining and talking. Do most people know the destruction hypretension does to their bodies? The list goes on.

#49     Nov 10, 2008
  10. With massive numbers of people losing employer provided health insurance, physicians and the medical community are about to be in for a very rude awakening.

I have an extremely good friend who is a doc, and he said they don't even bother sending out billings statements once the bill has gone unpaid for 90 days or more now. They just write it off.

#50     Nov 10, 2008