When are dividends paid?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by couponjohn, Jul 1, 2005.

1. How can I tell what exact date the dividends are paid to a stock?

2. Bowgett

Bowgett

You should watch for dividend pre announcement.

3. Ebo

Ebo

Basic YAHOO Finance profile of a stock lists the "Dividend Date" and the "EX Dividend" Date.

Maybe on your 13th birthday, your parents will take the "Net Nanny" off of your computer so you can surf the web like an adult!

4. You know it was very nice of you to reply with the answer BUT then you went ahead and made a @ss of yourself thinking your going to lecture me.

I tell you what when you make my 2300 per month house payment and pay my loans on my 3 cars and of course all the extras I have monthly I surely will take it from you but as of right now go blow it out yours , you Jerk.

5. He comes to ET because he knows the best and the finest are here with wisdom and knowlege beyond compare.

6. cmk

cmk

Ha ha ha

I'm eating an egg right now, it is good

7. Ebo

Ebo

I have one thing to say:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(and I am not particularly a huge fan of JC.)

adding a lime to my Cuba Libre'........................

8. range

range

The most important date is the ex-dividend date. If you buy before the ex date, you get the dividend. If you buy on the ex-dividend date or later, you don't get the dividend. Most quotation services adjust the previous day's closing price to reflect the dividend prior to the open on the ex date.

The dividend is paid on the payable date [but it may hit your account after the payable date(?)].

9. alanm

alanm

When you post inflammatory, ill-informed things like http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=774725#post774725 et. seq., can't be bothered to read an "Investing 101" book before posting lots of beginner questions here and expecting people to answer them for you, whine when someone doesn't answer your question immediately, and can't even do other readers the favor of editing/spell-checking your posts to make them easier to read, what can you honestly expect?

#10     Jul 5, 2005