Wheat curve

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Jul 19, 2012.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I didn't notice anything too weird on Corn, but there is something on soy I can't explain: Why is Mar 13 in a no man's land in the middle of the curve? Nov-Jan are moving really close in unisson much higher while May-Jul are doing the same much lower...? It 's almost as if Mar was an intercrop month like Sep on Corn...

#21     Aug 6, 2012
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Based on this idea, short Mar-May-Jul Soybean butterfly @ 57 4/8.

#22     Aug 6, 2012
  3. jtmalu

jtmalu

I agree that it is to early and to illiquid to trade 14. I like your trade in WZ-WN3 and still think it has more room to move, but AUG 8, 2012 is the Russian food security meeting. Watch for an export tax on their small wheat crop! This spread could explode to the upside if an export tax is levied.

If anyone would like to create an active chat room using gmail chat or yahoo messenger let me know. I am looking for professional traders to connect with and share ideas/info.

#23     Aug 7, 2012
  4. kanellop

kanellop

Hello.

They will not put for now Russians an Export Tax.

Their Wheat Crop with my opinion for now,

is less than 43 Million Tonnes,

i believe around 39 Million Tonnes,

but even with that Amount will continue to Export quantities of Wheat.

Want to see them the World as a reliable Exporter.

It is too early,

with my small opinion to affect Russians the Wheat Situation.

The Wheat Situation will affect it a huge the coming USA Hard Red Winter Wheat Planting Season.

The things for that,

is a Minor Issue for now.

Right now,

the things in the Major Hard Red Winter Wheat USA States are very bad from the side of Drought.

Seems,

it will continue that until Fall.

Right now,

some People believes that will come an El Nino Phenomenon that can help the Drought Situation.

Even with El Nino Phenomenon does not looks that will help the Major Hard Red Winter Wheat USA States.

And if happen that,

then will start to "play" the Wheat a huge.

Best Regards,

George Kanellopoulos.

#24     Aug 7, 2012
  5. hey George, That's why I say now is the time to start looking at July Wheat. Doesn't mean you have to do anything, just a good time to start looking. Thanks for the update.

#25     Aug 7, 2012
  6. kanellop

kanellop

Hello Again.

By the way,

El Nino Phenomenon does not help and the Australian Wheat Situation.

Do not forget to tell,

that someone must watch for now and the India Wheat Crop Situation.

That Country seems that have a Problem with their Monsoon Season.

Less "active" Monsoon Season for now.

Also, Pakistan seems that have troubles by their own too.

It will be quite difficult to someone to watch all these,

but this is Life.

They are not easy the things from time to time to someone...

Best Regards,

George Kanellopoulos.

#26     Aug 7, 2012
  7. yes and also the USA. Never heard of it being to dry to plant. That's how I went broke. Betting that everything would eventually return to normal. Because by definition, it always does.

#27     Aug 7, 2012
  8. jtmalu

jtmalu

nice call on the russian non-event, dec wheat should go back to about an 80cent premium to dec corn

#28     Aug 8, 2012
  9. Unless they cut the ethanol gasoline mandate, as has been recommended by some, in which case corn will drop like a stone.

Mandated ethanol accounts for 40% of the U.S. corn crop.

#29     Aug 10, 2012
  10. don't forget the do gooders who want to outlaw corn syrup in public schools. You can't eat any of that corn they grow in Iowa, so it will be up to us beefeaters to keep demand high for our cattle.

still cracks me up when they call it the bread basket of the world. Heck, they don't even sell grits at restaurants in IL.

If you want to eat fresh produce, you need a lot of crude, since it is all grown and shipped out of the valley.

I don't think monsanto knows how to breed or grow edible corn.

go down there to Mexico, and on every hill, by the side of the highway you will see real farmers who know how to grow corn that real people eat and love.

#30     Aug 10, 2012