What's Your Worst Months

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Nereus, Jul 27, 2005.

What's the worst month for trading?

1. January - February

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. March

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. April

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. May

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. June

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. July

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  7. August

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  8. September

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. October

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. November - December

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. What is your Best month?

#11     Jul 28, 2005
  2. Nereus

Nereus

This year... April has been my best month. You?

#12     Jul 28, 2005
  3. mine was last month,
    this month was apparently much better,

I take better trades these days after learning more and more, trying to increase my success rate per trade to at least 75%-80%

so I don't have bad months or bad weeks.

#13     Jul 29, 2005
  4. September has always been a comparatively bad month for me and many of the stock traders I know.

The only rational idea I have for it is that I subconsciously think "Great, the summer is over. Now the market will be active again." However, the reality is that just because the calendar flipped past Labor Day, that doesn't mean that the market gets more tradeable.

#14     Jul 29, 2005
  5. completely sh&tbox month for me. never had a month like this, ever. but a whole new trading venue, so, having, hoping, to learn how to make it happen here.

#15     Jul 29, 2005
  6. hefty1

hefty1

August by far is the worst. I blame it on oppressive heat and the hamptons effect. Have to go thru my records, but i dont think i have ever had a good august.

#16     Jul 29, 2005
  7. how is july the 2nd worst month for trading? for daytraders, the latter much of july is earnings season.

i admit that the liquidity is not as high as in the past but there are many opportunities to make money in July.

#17     Jul 29, 2005