What's Your Worst Months

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Nereus, Jul 27, 2005.

What's the worst month for trading?

1. January - February

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. March

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. April

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. May

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. June

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. July

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  7. August

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  8. September

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. October

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. November - December

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Nereus

Nereus

There is a lot of talk about the summer months being tough to trade. It seems it would depend on your style of trading. However, I am curious to know what other experienced traders consider to be the worst month of the year to trade the emini's.

Please vote, then leave a comment re: number of years as a trader and the one month you consider to be the worst month for trading. (Not a specific year & month)

Poll only allows 10 items.

2. worst day in a while: today.

3. Moreagr

Moreagr

week before labor day and the friday after thanksgiving was rough for me.

4. October. This is one of the peculiar dangerous month to speculate in stocks. The others are july, january, september, april, november, may, march, june, december, august and february.

5. Dustin

Dustin

Ditto. Misery loves company.

6. LOL.:D

Nice to see another Mark Twain fan on these boards.

7. range

range

Mine was yesterday.

8. Nereus

Nereus

I appreciate your input, however I was hoping for more thoughts on the experience you all have and how your experience has been during poor performing months. Poor performance for a day.. means nada. We all have those.

I have a few dif strategies for slow periods and some for strong periods.. so for me.. the high/low months is a mix, but i would have to say that June or July is slowest.... meaning i make the least amount of profits during those months... BTW... my experience is only about 2.5 years.

Cheers

9. Moreagr

Moreagr

well if earnings season disappoints which is on jan, apr, july and oct then those are the months that are going to be difficult going long in the market and especially dangerous....

10. Nereus

Nereus

well if earnings season disappoints which is on jan, apr, july and oct then those are the months that are going to be difficult going long in the market and especially dangerous....

Then hopefully, you have a strategy that tells you to go short.. thus... not so difficult a month... :)
    In fact perhaps an even better month.. since the fall is usually greater and faster than the climb.

Cheers! :cool:

#10     Jul 28, 2005