What's your view on natural gas long term?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Sequoia1321, Jun 27, 2020.

1. maxinger

maxinger

finally ... after many many hours, the news is out.

Natural-gas futures mark highest finish since 2018; oil futures finish lower

Published: Aug. 26, 2021 at 2:47 p.m. ET
    By
    Myra P. Saefong
    NGU21
    0.86%

CLV21
    1.54%

Natural-gas futures rallied to their highest settlement in more than two and a half years on Thursday, with a developing storm system expected to approach the U.S. Gulf Coast on Sunday, potentially disrupting energy operations in the region. Oil futures, however, finished with a loss, easing back after three consecutive sessions of gains. On the New York Mercantile Exchange, September natural gas NGU21, 0.86%, which expires at the end of Friday's session, climbed 29 cents, or 7.4%, to settle at $4.18 per million British thermal units, the highest front-month finish since December 2018, FactSet data show. October West Texas Intermediate crude CLV21, 1.54% lost 94 cents, or 1.4%, to close at $67.42 a barrel.

#61     Aug 27, 2021
  2. maxinger

maxinger

Up it goes again.

#62     Aug 27, 2021
  3. Sig

Sig

Thanks!

#63     Aug 27, 2021
  4. heading into some good resistance after being up 200% from lows.

#64     Aug 27, 2021
  5. Being an important source of energy in the world, I believe that it will always be in demand in the market. If not more, it will give an uninterrupted stable cash flow to its investors for at least 15 years.

#65     Aug 30, 2021
  6. maxinger

maxinger

down it goes when the market opens this week.

It seems like it will not go up significantly over the next few hours.

#66     Aug 30, 2021
  7. It will be interesting to see where Natural Gas is headed... I am long on it, it gained a bit much to be honest in the last 2-3 years though.

#67     Aug 31, 2021
  8. maxinger

maxinger

and down it goes again.

It seems like it will not go up significantly over the next few hours.

Hurricane season over?

#68     Aug 31, 2021
  9. not sure about hourly, but if you look since January Nat Gas is up like 100% or something. It's maybe inflation or other factors e.g. demand shifting from traditional oil etc. not sure why, but the price skyrocketed. Where it will be headed I have no clue. It seems already too high if you ask me!

#69     Aug 31, 2021
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

There are a few factors at play here : ( quite ) low level of inventory according to EIA + skyrocketing markets in Asia and Europe + consequences of Ida. TTF and NBP had taken a beating earlier in the month on the news that NordStream 2 was close to completion, but the expectations for natural gas flowing in the pipeline early have been tempered recently, so Europe has resumed its insane rise.

I am long the NG widowmaker H22/J22, but with a strong time stop. I will close it nothing happens before the end of sep.

#70     Sep 5, 2021