What's your view on natural gas long term?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Sequoia1321, Jun 27, 2020.

1. maxinger

maxinger

strangely NG went up significantly a few minutes ago, during the Asian session.

there was a massive crude oil/HO/RB movement (down. Then up) a few hours ago.

#51     Jun 10, 2021
  2. tayte

tayte

price'll be lower in the long term, for many qualitative reasons.

#52     Jun 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. heispark

heispark

Many people were heavily shorting /NG and therefore the market has decided to move up the price to fuck them up. Just a typical boring story...... :D

#53     Jun 10, 2021
  4. maxinger

maxinger

yesterday Natural Gas went up massively by 8%.

why?
    did winter start already?
    gas pipe exploded?
    Is inventory level suddenly very low?

Interestingly, you don't hear about massive NG price movement from the news reporters.

#54     Aug 26, 2021
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Dump it. It is too high. Never forget James Cordier.

(Last I heard, there was a supply disruption in Mexico. Temporary blip)

#55     Aug 26, 2021
  6. CET

CET

#56     Aug 26, 2021
  7. Sig

Sig

#57     Aug 26, 2021
  8. Vtechno

Vtechno

NG related. $FCG Natural Gas ETF. I bought the COVID dip recovery and sold it mid-July. IMO it goes to the $9.50-10.50 range, at least that is where I am looking to buy it. I'm not sure how that translates to NG futures. The timeframe lines up with the commodity cycle.

upload_2021-8-26_20-0-25.png

#58     Aug 26, 2021
  9. CET

CET

I don't follow natty closely at the moment, but here is some info.

https://lngprime.com/americas/eia-sees-flat-us-lng-exports-in-2022/19767/
    The Energy Information Administration forecasts US LNG exports in 2022 to remain flat as it expects limited new liquefaction capacity to come online during the period.

EIA said in its latest Short-Term Energy Outlook it expects LNG exports to average 9.2 Bcf/d in both 2021 and 2022, up from 6.5 Bcf/d in 2020.

“Flat LNG exports in 2022 reflect our expectation that limited new export capacity will come online during the forecast period,” the agency said.

US LNG exports set an all-time record in March 2021 at 10.5 Bcf/d and averaged 9.2 Bcf/d in April – the most exported LNG for those months since the US began exporting it in 2016, according to EIA.

Throughout 2020 and in January 2021, more than half of US LNG exports went to Asia.

However, in February and March 2021, more than half of US LNG exports landed in Europe as a result of spot natural gas prices in Europe reaching levels similar to spot natural gas prices in Asia, EIA said.

For May, the agency forecasts a decline in US LNG exports to 8.6 Bcf/d, more than 90% of baseload export capacity utilization, before exports rise above 9.0 Bcf/d in the summer months to meet summer peak demand in Europe and Asia.

The US currently exports LNG via six large terminals, namely Cheniere’s Sabine Pass and Corpus Christi facilities, Sempra’s Cameron LNG, Freeport LNG, Dominion’s Cove Point, and Kinder Morgan’s Elba Island.

Venture Global’s Calcasieu Pass terminal could also start producing LNG by the end of this year.

Here is more info in this link, but it is lengthy so just use the link.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ianpalmer/2021/08/19/why-lng-exports-from-the-us-are-off-to-the-moon/

#59     Aug 26, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Short the summer contracts 2022. NOW. End of line.

#60     Aug 26, 2021