What's your Trading System??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Outlawed_One, Apr 10, 2010.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Don't worry, Win, you'll make it up in volume :eek:

#71     Apr 20, 2010
  2. MGJ

MGJ

I buy when I anticipate that prices will probably rise, and I sell when I anticipate that prices will probably fall.

Then I hope that the total profits (of winning trades) exceeds the total losses (of losing trades). Often, it does. But not always!

Is that a system?

#72     Apr 20, 2010
  3. Absolutely! This is my system as well. Of course I use an indicator or 2. And it has worked in the past for swing/position trading.

#73     Apr 20, 2010
  4. Exactly... even more important as to why a successful trader will not want to divulge a profitable system is that he (or she needs) people to take the opposite (i.e. wrong) side of his trades...

I have a system that has been working for me, and unfortunately for all of the non-profitable traders out there, it requires SOMEONE to take the opposite side of my trades. And by definition, the opposite side of a profitable trading system is the losing side. :cool:

So, why would I tell people my system if it is not only going to have more people try to copy it, but also keep people from doing the wrong thing and thereby allowing me to profit from their mistakes? Some of these setups I use are like picking up 20$ bills on the ground... if I tell people how NOT to leave 20$ bills lying around on the ground, how will I have any to pick up? Also, other people will pick them up before me :D

Sorry, trading is a zero sum game, and for every winner, there is a loser...

g

#74     Apr 21, 2010
  5. Blotto

Blotto

Exactly!

"who need their rabies shots" - very apt

#75     Apr 27, 2010