What's your Trading System??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Outlawed_One, Apr 10, 2010.

1. what this guy said.......I've seen amazing trader make millions. Yet according to many on ET it is impossible. There are a lot of paper trading, kids on here.

=============================================

The reason I don't post my systems here is because there are so many people on these forums who need their rabies shots. No matter what people write on here, there are always those who want to tell them that it can't be done, they had better stop doing it, it won't work, they are idiots or losers, etc. Why would I want to post systems that I know are profitable just to have a bunch of people rudely tell me that they do not work? Or ask me to post my returns, which are not their business? I do not need to prove anything to a bunch of strangers--I know what my equity curve looks like.

#51     Apr 12, 2010
  2. ToSubu

ToSubu

Please share them here... I'm willing to listen

regards
    Subu

#52     Apr 18, 2010
  3. buy cheap, sell at fair value, sell expensive, cover at fair value.

edge is in calculating fair value.

#53     Apr 18, 2010
  4. Now then....my system is too simple for most to understand it...so I won't tax your brains....

BUT...to make it a bit harder.....enter every trading day WITHOUT an opinion about anything...especially markets:cool:

NiN

#54     Apr 18, 2010
  5. It is not impossible, but far harder than most will grasp. Many of those claiming success cannot distinguish paper/sim trading from real money. Or that making money for 3 months means anything, etc.

Someone published a thread recently - maybe a month ago? that said for a very long time period studies, the number of traders who did well was like 3%, and half of them were clearly attributable to luck.

there are a few trade auditing sites - timertrac, timerdigest, futurestruth, attain, striker and others. One of them says "Over the past seven years, we have audited over 11,311 trading strategies. " Want to guess how many of those strategies has much value currently? Maybe 1 or 2... And their history is not very long.

#55     Apr 18, 2010
  6. Thanks for posting this. So, this brings me back to my original post. Why do so many people hold on to their trading system & not share it with others? (As some have posted in this thread, there are a few who have posted their systems here)

I've seen some compelling arguments why not, but it seems as if many strategies just don't work or work unreliably.

#56     Apr 18, 2010
  7. zdreg

zdreg

your 2nd sentence is correct but what is your point?

#57     Apr 19, 2010
  8. ammo

ammo

sell at resistance ,buy at support, cover when wrong, refine,refine,refine...forever

#58     Apr 19, 2010
  9. Ok, now show everyone how to do that on a live 5min chart :p .

#59     Apr 19, 2010
  10. I'm trying to understand the thinking of successful traders.

#60     Apr 19, 2010